With the best traveling tractor sprinklers you don’t have to spend lots of time wearily watering your garden by hand. These types of sprinklers resemble a tractor in design and they move independently on any surface while sprinkling water.
They are designed to work with the existing garden hose, which you set up, connect and it will do the rest. Most of these sprinklers are designed with automatic shut-off features so they can goof once the watering is done, minimizing water wastage.
Traveling tractor sprinklers are not new in the industry; therefore, it means there are so many of them on the market today and choosing can be a bit daunting. So take a look at the following top 10 best traveling tractor sprinklers reviews in 2021 to find your best choice.
- List of Best Traveling Tractor Sprinklers
- 1. Nelson RainTrain Traveling Sprinkler (818653-1001)
- 2. Orbit 58322 Traveling Sprinkler, Green
- 3. Watex WX44 Traveling Sprinkler and Hose Bundle
- 4. Nelson Rain Train Auto ShutOff 1865 Traveling Tractor Sprinkler
- 5. Underhill T-400 Tracker Traveling Irrigation Machine
- 6. GREEN MOUNT Lawn Sprinkler
- 7. RainCoach Traveling Self-Propelled Sprinkler
- 8. Patio Joy Tractor Sprinkler
- 9. Fiskars Nelson Metal Traveling Tractor Sprinkler – 1 Each
- 10. Melnor 4501 Traveling Sprinkler Lawn Rescue
- How to Choose the Best Traveling Tractor Sprinklers
List of Best Traveling Tractor Sprinklers
1. Nelson RainTrain Traveling Sprinkler (818653-1001)
The Nelson RainTrain Traveling Sprinkler makes use of water to traverse the lawn through a customized hose path. Each sprinkle travels up to 200ft and can cover a large area of up to 13,500 square feet. This traveling sprinkler offers a choice of three speeds to enable you to adjust the level of water saturation to suit your lawn.
It is equipped with an automatic shut off feature to prevent water waste once the lawn is well saturated. This unit is very easy to operate as all you need to do is set it up at the starting point, turn it on and watch it go to work.
It boasts a cast-iron body with chip-resistant, powder-coated paint to provide long-lasting performance. Moreover, this traveling sprinkler is available in various sizes to allow you to choose from based on your needs.
- This unit has adjustable spray arms for added versatility
- It is durable enough to stand the test of time
- This machine is backed by a limited 2-year warranty for you to buy confidently
- Should come with a hose attachment; otherwise, the quality is good
2. Orbit 58322 Traveling Sprinkler, Green
For a traveling tractor sprinkler that can stand the test of time, consider the Orbit 58322 Traveling Sprinkler. It is built from durable weatherproof, materials to ensure it will last several years of use.
This sprinkler has a cast iron body that gives it the perfect weight to stay down and travel along the right path without stalling. It comes with spiked rare wheels and durable gears to ensure smooth travels every time.
This model uses the traditional whirling arms that are adjustable to cover an area of between 15ft and 55ft diameter. Plus, it is very easy to set up, and to operate by just laying out your hose in a pattern you want it to follow then the hose will do the rest.
- This sprinkler has 3 position controls
- It comes with an automatic shut-off feature
- This model is self-propelled and efficient
- Covers a wide area of up to 13,500 square feet
- The nozzle holes don’t seem big enough; however, it works fine
3. Watex WX44 Traveling Sprinkler and Hose Bundle
If you have a garden where a traveling sprinkler is not able to access due to an uneven landscape, the Watex WX44 Traveling Sprinkler and Hose Bundle is your go-to product. It gives you a 2-in-1 benefit so you do not have to worry about the landscape of your garden.
This sprinkler is designed with a self-propelled 2-speed gearbox to ensure superior water distribution. It has a heavy-duty cast iron body to ensure it travels up to 200ft over an area of up to 11,900 square feet.
This model is easy to use; just turn it on and let it do the job rather than spending your valuable time and effort going around the garden yourself. Moreover, it is covered by a 2-years warranty to boost your confidence in buying.
- This unit comes in two styles to pick from
- It is ideal for extra-large lawns
- There is an automatic shut-off feature to reduce water wastage
- The direction of the nozzles can be adjusted
- This tool is a bit heavy but this is due to the metal construction
4. Nelson Rain Train Auto ShutOff 1865 Traveling Tractor Sprinkler
Designed to operate at two motor speeds, high and low; the Nelson Rain Train Auto ShutOff 1865 Traveling Tractor Sprinkler travels at approximately 37ft per hour on high and 21ft per hour on low. It travels along with a hose on a preset route like an electric model train except with a hose as the rails.
This unit features a weatherproof cast iron construction to provide efficient and long-lasting performance. Thus, it can water up to 13,500sq.ft through covering a lesser area of 11,900sq.ft to ensure effective performance.
This model weighs in at only 18 pounds, making it easy to assemble with no tools needed. Furthermore, it is complete with a front wheel that runs on the hose and the two traction-ready rear wheels bestride for easy maneuverability.
- Offers uniform distribution of water
- It is very easy to use; just set and forget
- There is an auto shut-off feature to prevent water wastage
- Seems sturdy and well-made
- This unit is a bit pricey but you get good value for your money
5. Underhill T-400 Tracker Traveling Irrigation Machine
The Underhill T-400 Tracker Traveling Irrigation Machine can water up to 70-85 feet with just one pass. Hence, it makes a great choice for irrigating golf course roughs, cemeteries, athletic fields, and other large areas where an underground system is impractical.
This traveling sprinkler is powered by water that makes it an economical solution for supplementing seasonal watering needs. This machine is very powerful and can irrigate an entire football field in just two passes.
It is equipped with an auto shut off feature to ensure it goes off when watering is done. Also, this unit is very compact so it doesn’t even take up much storage space when not in use.
- This sprinkler has high-quality components built to last
- It is efficient and easy to operate
- Saves t a lot of time and money
- This machine has robust wheels to take on any surface
- This machine is on the expensive side but it is worth it
6. GREEN MOUNT Lawn Sprinkler
The diffuser shield of the GREEN MOUNT Lawn Sprinkler is made of metal to prevent the high-speed spraying jet from wearing out too soon. The rest of the body is constructed of durable ABS to protect the surface and interior components from erosion.
This sprinkler features two wheels on the base that make it heavier and stable during operation. It has iron added onto the base to ensure it stands firm on the ground while the powerful jet sprays out.
This unit is composed of a heavy-duty impulse sprinkler and one 2-arm metal sprinkler for large and small lawns. Furthermore, there is a big cap on the top of the rotating sprinkler that can be twisted easily to adjust the spraying distance.
- The sprinkling angle and distance can be adjusted in a second
- This unit is powerful and durable
- It is versatile enough to be adjusted for kids playtime
- Suitable for small and large lawns
- This sprinkler is mostly plastic but it is very sturdy
7. RainCoach Traveling Self-Propelled Sprinkler
Equipped with 6 nozzles, the RainCoach Traveling Self-Propelled Sprinkler allows you to vary pressure and coverage situations from 11.5 to 22.4 gpm and55 to 75 psi respectively. It has operating ranges of 110 – 145 feet wide coverage x 450 feet run length to give you optimum versatility.
This sprinkler uses a combination of 3/4-inch brass impact head and rotating sweep arms to deliver full, even coverage. It has a self-propelled design that makes it easy to operate in large open areas.
This unit is designed to use the angling sweep arms to control speed and irrigation levels for effective performance. Better yet, it comes with a built-in valve to shut off the water at the end of the run.
- This sprinkler saves time and money
- Looks good in the yard and works equally good
- Seems durable enough to sustain regular use
- Suitable for use at home, schools, and parks
- This machine could use a few improvements; otherwise, it works well
8. Patio Joy Tractor Sprinkler
The grass is greener on the other side of the fence because they water it with the Patio Joy Tractor Sprinkler. It is a self-propelled sprinkler with 3-position speed control to enable you to choose between high, low, and neutral.
This sprinkler is designed to follow a 5/8 inch garden hose in any pattern you create based on your needs. It has adjustable spray arms to allow you to water any lawn diameter from 15ft to 55ft. This machine is constructed of durable weatherproof materials to withstand the rigors of outdoor use.
The body is built using cast iron that gives it just the right weight and stability to travel along the right path without stalling. Also, this sprinkler has an automatic shit off feature to prevent water wastage.
- This machine works well for extra-large lawns
- It is easy to set up and to use
- Seems sturdy enough to stand the test of time
- Covers an area of 13,500 sq.ft along 200 feet of hose
9. Fiskars Nelson Metal Traveling Tractor Sprinkler – 1 Each
The Fiskars Nelson Metal Traveling Tractor Sprinkler propels itself across the lawn following the laid out pattern by the hose. It has a forward-speed transmission and a neutral for stationary use, offering optimum versatility.
This sprinkler boasts adjustable spray arms to give you optimum coverage width of 15 Ft. -55 Ft. along a 200 Ft. length of 5/8 In. hose. It has an automatic shut off feature to ensure water is conserved after sprinkling is done.
The sprinkler has a die-cast metal body with a brass hose connection to deliver reliable performance. What’s more, it is very easy to use so you can set it and go run other errands.
- This sprinkler covers an area of 13,500
- It is sturdy to stand the test of time
- This product works efficiently and offers great value for money
- It is easy to set up and to operate
- This sprinkler may come with a few manufacturer defects; however, these can be replaced
10. Melnor 4501 Traveling Sprinkler Lawn Rescue
With heavy-duty cast-iron construction and high-traction wheels, the Melnor 4501 Traveling Sprinkler Lawn Rescue offers effective and reliable performance. It moves along a path you create with your existing garden hose to water up to 13,500 feet.
This sprinkler uses the force of water to propel itself through the yard along the hose path. Its cast iron arms and rotary arms give it extra strength to stand up to years of regular use. This sprinkler is accompanied by extra washers to ensure you always have a leak-free seal.
It has adjustable spray arms and variable speed control to deliver precise watering every single time. This unit is simple to operate since all you have to do is layout the garden hose and it will do the rest. What’s more, it is backed by a lifetime limited warranty to reassure you that the company stands behind all their products.
- This machine shuts off automatically when finished
- Offers an easy solution for keeping the yard healthy
- The nozzles are durable to help you tackle all watering chores
- The width of the water spray can be adjusted by turning the arms
- The internal gears appear to be made out of plastic; otherwise, it makes watering much more efficient
How to Choose the Best Traveling Tractor Sprinklers
The best traveling tractor sprinkler has a high-quality construction that can stand the test of time. To find the best one, look for products that are durably made with weatherproof materials to withstand the rigors of everyday use. Also, make sure the sprinkler has a solid body to ensure it stays close to the ground for stable performance during use.
Traveling tractor sprinklers have different water pressure and ranges. Thus, pick one whose range and eater pressure can cover your entire lawn in the shortest time possible. If you are unsure of the size of your lawn, pick a sprinkler that comes with adjustable settings to give you optimum versatility.
It goes without saying that all sprinklers come with settings. To get the most out of the sprinkler, ensure it comes with the most diverse settings. In this case, make sure there is also an automatic shut off settings to help prevent water wastage when the lawn is already saturated with water.
If you always feel like the grass is greener on the other side of the fence, then consider investing in the best traveling tractor sprinkler. Since they travel, these sprinklers offer optimum coverage and uniform water distribution without you having to spend your entire time on the lawn. So go through the above reviews to identify the best sprinkler that will help you make the grass greener on your side.