The best seat covers for dog hair is designed to give pet owners peace of mind every time they are traveling with their pets. It is designed both for the car and the pet. It protects car seats from scratches, dirty paws, debris, and hair.
What’s more, the best seat cover has a waterproof layer, which ensures that spills do not pass through it into your car seats.
It is also easy to clean to make sure you are not inconvenienced in any way. Here, we have compiled a list of these seat covers to make sure you have enough options to choose from.
- List of Best Seat Covers for Dog Hair in 2021
- 1. BarksBar Pet Car Seat Cover with Seat Anchors
- 2. URPOWER Dog Seat Cover for Pets
- 3. 4Knines Dog Seat Cover with Hammock
- 4. iBuddy Dog Seat Covers for Back Seat
- 5. FrontPet Quilted Dog Cargo Cover for SUV
- 6. pedy Pet Front Seat Cover for Cars
- 7. CPG Dog Seat Cover for Back Seat
- 8. Active Pets Dog Back Seat Cover Protector for Cars and SUVs
- 9. WJLING Dog Car Seat Covers for Back Seat
- 10. LOUTAN Bench Car Seat Cover Protector
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Seat Covers for Dog Hair
List of Best Seat Covers for Dog Hair in 2021
1. BarksBar Pet Car Seat Cover with Seat Anchors
If you own a standard car, SUV, or truck, this seat cover for dog hair will fit the bill. Although it is reasonably priced, it serves its purpose to make sure you are fully satisfied with your purchase. It measures 54 by 58 inches; meaning it fits standard vehicles just fine.
Moreover, its bench section is designed with 7-inch side flap extensions to provide extra coverage to the side of the seat cushions. The seat cover can effortlessly be converted between standard bench coverage and a hammock. It is made of first-class heavy-duty waterproof polyester that is durable and comfortable at the same time.
Furthermore, this seat cover features built-in Velcro openings for the seatbelts. Plus it has seat anchors that prevent it from sliding around. It protects the backseats not just from hair and fur but also from spills, dirt, and scratches.
- The non-slip back is awesome
- The stitching is nicely done
- The material used is very durable
- Waterproofing works as advertised
- The holes for the seat belts are nice
- The fit is perfect
- The straps could be stronger
2. URPOWER Dog Seat Cover for Pets
Seat covers for dog hair do a great job of preventing your backseats from getting dirty. But one main problem with some is that they make it pretty difficult for dogs to get in and out. Fortunately, you won’t be dealing with that if you go for this dog seat cover for pets by URPOWER. It is designed in such a way that dogs can easily get in and out.
Additionally, this dog seat cover is designed to perfectly fit most SUVs, automotive, cars, and trucks. It is 100-percent waterproof and wear-proof, which is amazing, given that it is not very expensive.
The oxford fabric it is made of is heavy-duty, and this is what enables it to hold up to regular use and abuse. It is also made of comfortable PP cotton so your dog can lie on it for long hours without being bothered in any way.
- The quality is excellent
- Has perfect thickness that keeps dirt at bay
- Easy to put on the backseats
- Fits standard vehicles perfectly
- The fabric has a weird smell, but this should go away after some time
3. 4Knines Dog Seat Cover with Hammock
Those who said that this dog seat cover is the best of the best did not get it wrong. Made of 600D polyester, the durability of this seat cover cannot be questioned. As if that’s not enough, the dog seat cover features nylon clips and thick straps. Plus all of its components are colorfast. This seat cover is also waterproof and non-slip.
Needless to say, you will not have to deal with dampness or keep adjusting it because it keeps sliding around. It is, however, crucial to note that the stitching and seams are not watertight.
Installing the seat cover on the backseats takes just seconds; thanks to the sturdy seat anchors and quick-release clips. Cleaning it is equally easy, as all you need to do is to toss it in the water, hose it down, or just wipe it. The no-hassle 100-percent customer satisfaction guarantee proves that this is indeed a quality product.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- The company is legit
- Installing the cover is a cakewalk
- Customer service is amazing
- Matches the interior of most cars
- Would be better with more tie-downs
4. iBuddy Dog Seat Covers for Back Seat
One of the ways to enjoy life is to be at peace with yourself and the things around you. Unfortunately, a dirty back seat will not give you peace of mind. That’s why you need to buy a car seat cover. But again, not any car seat cover will do, and that’s where this particular brand by iBuddy comes into play.
It is designed to protect your car from dirt, liquid, hair, and scratches. It has a perfect size of 54 inches wide by 58 inches long. Needless to say, the seat cover for dog hair is ideal for Sedan, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Honda SUV, and more.
The dog seat cover features a breathable mesh window that allows air to flow into the back so your pet can be cool in the summer. The mesh window also allows you to check the mood and behavior of your pet anytime.
- Very easy to install
- The mesh window is a plus
- The dog won’t slide onto the floor
- Comes with a seat belt hook
- Has an odd smell, but a wash should fix this
5. FrontPet Quilted Dog Cargo Cover for SUV
If your cargo area is around 46” long by 48” wide, this cover for SUV should be a frontier for you. It fits mid-size SUVs well; thereby, making sure your cargo area is nicely protected from hair, fur, dirt, and scratches. You should, however, note the measurements do not include the flaps.
The cargo cover is made with convenience in mind as seen through the large pocket, which is ideal for keeping bags, leashes, toys, or anything your dog might need. Additionally, this SUV cargo cover is super comfortable. Its padded top is made of ultra-comfortable material.
Having said that, expect it to keep your pet safe and comfortable throughout the journey. What’s even better, the comfort does come at the expense durability. Made of thick 600D nylon, this seat cover for dog hair will stand up to all kinds of abuse.
- The quality and design are impressive
- The Velcro pocket is a real bonus
- The size is good
- The little suction cups are nice
- The grips on the bottom make it slip-resistant
- Although it is advertised as universal, the cover does not fit all SUVs
6. pedy Pet Front Seat Cover for Cars
Pet owners who love it when they sit in front of the car with their pets should invest in this seat cover for cars. It measures 39.4 inches long by 19.6 inches wide by 7 inches high, and it is designed to fit the front seats of all standard cars, SUVs, and trucks.
The seat cover works so well that it is not just ideal for pets but also great for babies and grown-ups. It is made of top-notch water-resistant and heavy-duty polyester to make sure it is durable enough to stand up to anything thrown at it.
The material is 4-layered and this is what enhances the waterproofing performance of the seat cover. The material consists of 600D oxford cloth, slip-proof PVC, 210D oxford cloth middle, and A-grade PP cotton. The front seats of your car should be well protected against muddy paws, dog hairs, scratches, and dirty debris.
- Easy to put on and take off
- The seat cover works as advertised
- The price is great
- Fits well and stays in place
- The seat cover wipes down clean
- A little too stiff when new
7. CPG Dog Seat Cover for Back Seat
The middle zipper is stronger and stitching in seams is better than comparable seat covers for dog hair. Well, those are the few reasons why we have considered the CPG Dog Seat Cover for selection. It is made of heavy-duty oxford fabric as well as boasting triple-layered padding to keep it durable and comfortable.
Besides, the material this seat cover is made of does not color bleed, and this further proves how durable it is. The 4 straps with clasps make this cover for dog hair incredibly easy to put on and take off.
Plus the seat cover is very easy to clean, as all you need to do is to spot clean with a damp cloth/sponge and mild soap. You can also vacuum it not to mention the fact that it is machine washable. The seat anchor and PVC bottom ensure the cover is firmly fixed on the car seat, thereby, preventing from sliding frequently.
- Washes fast and nicely
- Traps all the hair
- Easy to install and seems to be of great quality
- Water beads up and it’s not absorbed
- The nylon securing straps shrink, but not to the extent of making the seat cover hard to use
8. Active Pets Dog Back Seat Cover Protector for Cars and SUVs
The last thing you want when you invest in a dog backseat cover protector is to end up with something you will use just once and then it is ruined. The Active Pets Dog Back Seat Cover is designed to hold up well to daily use.
It is made with the latest materials technology that enables it to create an impenetrable waterproof barrier between the seats and fur, mud, and, of course, water. Like most seat covers for dog hair in these reviews, the Active Pets Dog Back Seat Cover Protector fits the backseats of most SUVs and cars.
Moreover, this seat cover protector is designed to install quickly and easily. You only need 60 seconds to put it on the seat of your car. When fully opened, the seat cover protector measures 54 by 58 inches.
- Covers backseats completely and offers ultimate protection
- The quality is excellent
- The adjustable straps make the cover seat easy to install
- Converts easily from a hammock style into a bench style
- The price is decent
- Would be better with side flaps
9. WJLING Dog Car Seat Covers for Back Seat
A seat cover made for your car and dog is a must-have. We are talking about the WJLING Dog Car Seat Cover for Back Seat. It is cleverly designed to protect all the four sides of the backseat of your vehicle.
This means it will protect your car seat’s clothing and leather from stains, scratches, tears, and spills. What’s more, this dog car seat cover is designed to fit the backseats of trucks, SUVs, and cars.
You can use it as a hammock or a standard bench cover. It measures 58 inches long by 54 inches wide, meaning it is of excellent size, and, therefore, it will protect the backseat of your car as expected. Additionally, this car seat cover has a top-notch mesh see-through window that ensures better air circulation as well as allowing two-way visibility.
- Cleaning the seat cover is a no brainer
- The seat cover looks very nice
- Does not take up room in the back
- Very easy to understand how it works
- The side flaps prevent pets from drooling off the doors
- Durability is suspect
10. LOUTAN Bench Car Seat Cover Protector
A mesh window is an important feature that a serious seat cover for dog hair should not miss. We are impressed that this car seat cover protector has it. The mesh window on it offers better air circulation to make sure your dog is always cool. It also provides good visibility to reduce anxiety while you and your furry friend are traveling.
It comes with one free dog seat belt and two storage pockets where you can keep toys, food, and other things your dog may need. The water-resistant heavy-duty oxford fabric enables this seat cover protector to provide more protection.
It ensures no water passes through it into your backseat. There is also a soft PP cotton mat that makes this seat cover for dog hair very comfortable for pets. Best of all, this seat cover works and even exceeds expectations yet it is within an affordable range.
- Very easy to set up and clean
- The cover gives pet owners peace of mind
- Goes well with most car interiors
- It has all the necessary features
- The seat cover might be a little bigger for compact cars
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Seat Covers for Dog Hair
The following factors should be at your fingertips when buying a seat cover.
Before you buy a seat cover, make sure it is compatible with your car. And if you cannot find one that fits your work flawlessly, go for those that are universal. Most universal covers are designed to fit standard cars, SUVs, and trucks.
Your seat cover should provide maximum protection. It should not just keep hair away from your car seats but also it should protect against mud, spills, and debris. For a seat cover to protect against spills, it must be waterproof.
The design of your seat cover for dog hair should feature anchors, openings, and a non-slip back. These are important features that improve the performance of a cover. The anchors and openings ensure easy installation, whereas the non-slip back prevents the seat cover from sliding around.
Durability is important when buying a seat cover. This is because the cover is likely to be abused by your pet. So, if it is durable, chances of it giving in are minimal or even zero. What’s more, we bet the last thing you want is to buy a new seat cover after just a few weeks.
People have even covered their car seats with blankets and all sorts of stuff just to protect them from their pets. Unfortunately, this always fails terribly. But with the above seat cover for dog hair, you will be a happy pet owner. They do a great job to make sure you have peace of mind knowing your car seats will always be in good condition.