There is no doubt that kids love drones, but the full size and more complicated ones are often too much to handle. Luckily, there are now many drone models in the market that have been built explicitly for kids. What’s more, drones for kids are more affordable than standard ones and are packed with various features and functionalities to make them more interesting for kids.
However, when shopping for that cheap drone for your kid, you will be amazed at the almost countless model options in the market. Almost every reputable drone brand now has a cheap and simple version for kids. Because we know the many options are often confusing, here we provide a list of the best-performing ones to help narrow down your choices.
- List of The Best Cheap Drones for Kids in 2021 on Amazon.com
- 1. Potensic US-A20-Green A20 Mini Drone
- 2. Force1 Scoot Hand-Operated Drone
- 3. Force1 1067MU1 4000 LED Mini Drone
- 4. Vandoras Hand-Operated Drone
- 5. Snaptain Hand -Operated Drone
- 6. Attop Drone for Kids with Camera
- 7. Force1 Scoot Hand-Operated Drone
- 8. Snaptain SP350 Mini Drone
- 9. Asani Hand-Operated Mini Toy Drone
- 10. Force1 Stunt Rider Mini Drone
List of The Best Cheap Drones for Kids in 2021 on Amazon.com
1. Potensic US-A20-Green A20 Mini Drone
For kids and beginners just starting with drones, this model will give you a great time and ensure you learn fast and enjoy flying. What makes it our best overall model is that despite coming in a more kid-friendly design, this drone still allows the little ones to enjoy most of a regular drone’s functionalities.
With this drone, they get one button takes offs, a headless mode, and automatic hovering to ensure that flying will be a breeze. What’s more, the kid-friendly remote allows for easy operation. And besides having a flying time of at least 10 minutes, this drone will recharge super-fast in just 15 minutes. Also, this is a tough and durable drone that comes in a portable design for easy carry.
- Kid-friendly remote
- Simple one-button take-off
- Convenient headless mode
- Includes an automatic hovering
- Comes with extra batteries
- Well-built and portable
- Not very ideal for kids under 14
- Does not include light for nighttime flying
- No return button
2. Force1 Scoot Hand-Operated Drone
With a hand-operated drone like this one, you get something that almost any kid can operate and enjoy using regardless of their age or skill level. This drone only requires you to toss it into the air, and it will take flight. What’s more, you never have to worry about it bumping into obstacles as it has multiple sensors that ensure this never happens.
This indoor drone will include some lovely flushing lights that create a pleasant effect when in flight. And when it comes to charging it, you can easily power it using the USB cable that is part of the package. Many users will also love that it comes in a more compact and lightweight design for easy handling and carry.
- Operates with no remote
- Easy to use for almost any kid
- Pleasant flashing LED lights
- Multiple sensors help avoid obstacles
- Easy USB charging
- Looks a little flimsy
- Takes a little longer to charge
- Relatively shorter flying time
3. Force1 1067MU1 4000 LED Mini Drone
The highly pleasant LED lights are among the first things that draw most people to this drawn and perhaps what many kids enjoy most. However, this Force1 drone still has a lot more to offer as it comes with a comfortable and simple remote control for easy operation. Also, the remote has multiple channels to allow you to operate several drones.
Other things like the headless mode and altitude hold make this drone more enjoyable to fly. And the design also allows kids to do some stunts when flying as it can flip up to an impressive 360 degrees. Overall, this is a more lightweight and portable drone that kids will not have trouble handling, and it is also built for safety as it includes kid-friendly propeller guards.
- Highly pleasant LED lights
- Simple remote control
- Altitude hold for extra stability
- Performs 360-degree flips
- Lightweight and portable
- Kid-friendly propeller guards
- Not water-resistant
- Calibration is not very good
4. Vandoras Hand-Operated Drone
Here is another hand-operated drone that will ensure kids still enjoy flying without using complicated remote controls. The drone uses some high-tech sensors that allow it to take off fast and easily while also making sure it can move away intelligently if it encounters any obstacles on its flight path.
Overall, this is a tough and durable drone with a solid ABS body that can withstand accidental bumps and fall or abuse from the young ones. And with the pleasant LED lightings, it will light up the room nicely when in flight. Kids get to choose from two flight modes, and it will be ideal for those as young as three years.
- High-tech motion sensors
- Shining LED light
- Durable ABS body
- Flexible, collision-resistant design
- Dual flight modes
- Shorter battery life
- Does not recharge very fast
5. Snaptain Hand -Operated Drone
Safety is always guaranteed with this Snaptain drone as it will include some well-guarded propellers that will make it almost impossible for kids to get fingers in dangerous places. The drone has some efficient infrared motion sensors to allow for easy hand operation and ensure it can easily avoid obstacles.
This drone is built for flexibility and ensures kids will enjoy flying as it will offer a nice circling flight and allow for 360-degree flips. Taking off is relatively easy, and any kids should figure it out with no issues. And it will also hold altitude well. Also, it has a durable but still flexible ABS material that can take a lot of abuse.
- Well-guarded propellers
- Uses efficient infrared motion sensors
- Makes 360-degree flips
- Takes off easily
- Includes altitude hold
- Durable but flexible body
- Recommended for older kids only
- Fewer sensors
- Battery life could be better
6. Attop Drone for Kids with Camera
Buy now from Amazon
If your kids prefer something that is more like the standard drone, this model by Attop will be fantastic as it has some impressive functionalities. To start with, it is a more flexible drone that can do some impressive 360-degree flips. It is also easy to operate as it comes with simple remote control and will allow for one-button take-off and landing.
A built-in camera on this drone will ensure you get some fantastic views by linking it to your phone. And with the FPV view, this drone will open you to more possibilities when flying and an unforgettable experience. What’s more, it has a foldable and portable design you can easily carry around ad it holds altitude well when in flight.
- Makes 360-degree flips
- Foldable and portable design
- Simple one key take-offs
- Camera provides an excellent view
- Holds altitude well
- Accommodates AR gaming
- Quite a small drone
- Cover feels a little frail
7. Force1 Scoot Hand-Operated Drone
Buy now from Amazon
It is hard to go wrong with a Force1 drone for kids as they make some of the best-performing models out there. This self-flying drone uses some high-tech sensors to ensure you never have to use a remote to operate it. These sensors also make it hard to bump into obstacles as they sense them in advance and change the drone’s flight path. Kids will also love that it can make some 360-degree flips.
The ultra-bright lights illuminate the room by creating a pleasant light show that makes the drone even more fun to use. Safety is also assured with this drone as it has a webbed cage that keeps the blades out of reach. And this is also a well-made drone with some heavy-duty materials to ensure a long service life.
- Ultra-bright LED lights
- Easy self-flying design
- 360-degrees flips capable
- Webbed shell for maximum protection
- Exceptionally well-made for maximum durability
- Longer charging time
- For indoor use only
8. Snaptain SP350 Mini Drone
This mini drone’s simplicity is its most impressive attribute as it allows for an effortless throw fly function to ensure you never have to worry about using remote controls. What’s more, it will create an excellent fly show thanks to the circle fly function. And when it comes to the actual flying, it has many impressive features to offer, such as altitude hold.
The 21-minute fly time is relatively long when you compare it to what other similar models provide, and with the bright LED lights, you can be sure you will enjoy the light show that it creates. The design is also highly portable for use on the go, and unlike others out there, you will also get a speed adjustment function.
- Simple throw flying function
- Circle fly function for an excellent fly show
- Easy operation with altitude hold
- Relatively longer flight time
- Bright LED lights
- Highly portable design
- Allows for speed adjustment
- Battery can be a little to remove and install
- Does not work well with wind
9. Asani Hand-Operated Mini Toy Drone
Whether it is the eye-catching LED lights or the more long-lasting battery, several things will make this drone a fantastic buy. They include four high-tech sensors that ensure you will never bump into things when flying the drone as it never misses any obstacle regardless of the size.
With this drone, you get an incredibly kid-friendly design that will ensure almost any kid can fly and enjoy using it even if they do not have prior experience with these devices. And the design is also safe to prevent accidental injuries. What’s more, the drone has s durable body that can withstand accidental fall, and like most modern models, it allows for one-button take-off and landing.
- Eye-catching LED lights
- Bigger and more long-lasting battery
- Fitted with four high-tech sensors
- Incredibly kid-friendly operation
- Safe and durable design
- One button take-off and landing
- Plastic construction can feel a little brittle
- Motor and blades are super loud
10. Force1 Stunt Rider Mini Drone
With push-button landing and launch, kids will have an effortless time getting this drone to the air and down after the flight. Better yet, it has a remote control that will allow for easy operation to ensure kids can fly it with ease. It has a headless mode that will make navigation a breeze and perform some amazing flips and stunts with the daredevil action figure.
Overall, this super-fast drone for kids also makes it possible for the little ones to choose from 3 different speeds to allow for more flexibility. And this drone should be safe enough for kids as it includes some kid-safe propeller guard and is made from a rigid material that can take more abuse.
- Push-button launch and landing
- Easy remote operation
- Fast and with three-speed options
- Kid-friendly propeller guards
- Includes a daredevil action figure
- Headless mode for easy navigation
- For indoor use only
- Shorter flying time
If you plan to buy your little ones a gift, a drone for kids will be a perfect choice. And with our reviews above to guide you, it should not take a lot of effort or cost much to get one that they will enjoy flying.
From our list of products, the Potensic US-A20-Green A20 Mini Drone takes our top overall spot as it gives kids an experience that is as similar to flying a real drone as possible. But, if you prefer the hand-operated types, go with the Force1 Scoot Hand-Operated Drone.