There are different ways of taking your Xbox One gaming a notch higher but making sure the sound is as immersive as possible is one of the most effective ones. And while there are various methods you can use to achieve this, nothing beats a pair of headsets.
Contrary to what many assume, you do not need a lot of cash to get good Xbox headsets as there are many affordable options out there. But while these many options will increase the likelihood of landing a top-quality headset that suits your specific needs and tastes, it can also make your choice harder as it is easy to get confused.
However, if you know what you want in a headset, things should be more straightforward for you. In this piece, we showcase some of the best budget gaming headsets for Xbox One to help make it easier to narrow down your options.
- List of The Best Cheap Gaming Headset Xbox One in 2020 on Amazon.com
- 1. Runmus K2 Xbox One Headset
- 2. Runmus B07PNZMC91 PS4 Headset
- 3. Turtle Beach 50X Stereo Gaming Headset
- 4. Onikuma K5-M Gaming Headset
- 5. Turtle Beach Recon TBS-2408-01 Headset
- 6. Pacrate H-11 Gaming Headset
- 7. Pacrate GH-1 Stereo Gaming Headset
- 8. PDP 048-040-NA-YCAM Xbox One Chat Gaming Headset
- 9. Beexcellent GM500 Gaming Headset
- 10. PDP Gaming 048-136-NA LVL30 Wired Chat Headset
List of The Best Cheap Gaming Headset Xbox One in 2020 on Amazon.com
1. Runmus K2 Xbox One Headset
With the larger 50mm drivers, this Runmus headset will deliver incredible surround sound to make gaming more immersive for you. The headset is more ergonomic, which will ensure it will fit you perfectly and be more comfortable to wear even for extended periods.
What’s more, the headset uses some premium-quality materials that will ensure maximum durability. Because these headsets will offer multiple platform compatibility, they will be ideal for Xbox and other consoles like PS4 and even when gaming on your PC.
And you can be sure of getting a consistently clear sound as it has high-end noise cancellation. When it comes to the looks, the cool-looking LEDs on both sides give these headsets quite a pleasant appearance.
- Larger drivers deliver incredible surround sound
- More ergonomic design
- Premium quality materials
- Multiple platform compatibility
- Highly effective noise cancellation
- Cool looking LED lights
- Cable is a little too long
- Ears get quite warm when wearing this headset
2. Runmus B07PNZMC91 PS4 Headset
One of the main things that will make the Runmus B07PNZMC91 fantastic is that it uses some 50mm neodymium drivers that will deliver an impressive 7.1 surround sound to your ears for the most immersive listening experiences.
The headset also uses some large and more comfortable soft leather ear cups to make them perfect for extended use. The looks will also not disappoint as they have glaring LED lights that will create an enthralling light up when gaming to make things more interesting for you.
And because this gaming headset will work for a wide variety of gaming platforms, you can use them for much more than gaming on your Xbox. Also, they have a noise-canceling microphone and a more durable cable.
- Delivers 7.1 surrounding sound
- Large and comfortable ear cups
- Glaring LED light to spice up gaming atmosphere
- Works for various gaming platforms
- Noise-canceling microphone
- Highly durable cable
- It has an all-plastic construction
- They are a little heavy
3. Turtle Beach 50X Stereo Gaming Headset
The crystal clear sound you will get from this Turtle Beach gaming headset makes it such a fantastic choice. It uses some high-quality 40mm drivers that ensure superior sound quality, and it also has an adjustable and more sensitive mic that will pick up your voice nicely when you speak as you are gaming with others.
Overall, this is a more lightweight gaming headset that will ensure you can game for many hours with minimal fatigue. Better yet, the ear cups are a perfect size and well-cushioned to provide maximum comfort. The in-line controls are also quite convenient as they give you more control over the sound, and this is also versatile models that will work for various gaming consoles.
- Crystal clear sound
- Adjustable and high sensitivity mic
- More lightweight and super comfortable
- High-quality 40mm drivers
- In-line controls are more convenient
- More versatile compatibility
- No fancy LED lights
- Color choice is not the most pleasant
4. Onikuma K5-M Gaming Headset
It is all about the gaming sound quality with these headsets as they use large 50mm drivers that will offer stereo quality 7.1 surrounding sound for a truly fantastic gaming experience.
What’s more, you get to use them on all your gaming platforms as they provide broad compatibility with everything from Xbox to Nintendo Switch and PC. The headband is adjustable and super comfortable.
The headset also comes in a more ergonomic design to ensure an even better fit and extra comfort. For those that love lights when gaming, the headset also includes LEDs. And with the 360-degree noise cancellation and high sensitivity, the microphone will again not disappoint.
- High-quality 7.1 surrounding sound delivery
- Offer multi-platform compatibility
- 360-degree noise-canceling mic
- More comfortable headband
- Includes some lovely LED lights
- Ergonomic design for a perfect fit
- A little tight for glass wearers
- Build material could be better
5. Turtle Beach Recon TBS-2408-01 Headset
One of the first elements about these headsets that many gamers will love is their broad compatibility. You can use it well on both Xbox and PS4, and it should also work for most other consoles thanks to the standard 3.5mm jack.
The design will also include a unique open ear-cup design that will allow you to hear external sound from the TV even as you are gaming. The design of these headset makes it more comfortable even for gamers that wear glasses as it accommodates them well.
And because the design is reversible, you can comfortably wear it on either the left or right ear. The in-line controls will make things more comfortable and more convenient for you when it comes to the controls.
- Works for most gaming consoles
- Includes unique open ear cap
- Comfortable to use when wearing glasses
- Reversible design
- In-line controls for extra convenience
- Adjustable and high-sensitivity mic
- Design takes some getting used to
- Not very loud
6. Pacrate H-11 Gaming Headset
You cannot go wrong with any headset that uses the 50mm drivers like this one as you are always assured of getting more immersive surround sound. The good traits do not stop there as the headset also offers broad compatibility to ensure you can use it well on most other consoles besides Xbox One.
This gaming headset will include a highly sensitive and noise-canceling mic that will pick up your voice nicely. Also, this is a more comfortable headset to wear. It will come in a more ergonomic design to ensure a perfect fit and an adjustable headband that includes a durable steel beam and some high-quality ear cups.
- Delivers high-quality surround sound
- Offers multi-platform compatibility
- Sensitive and noise-canceling mic
- Provides a more ergonomic fit
- Adjustable headband with steel beam
- Comfortable and high-quality ear cups
- Does not have LED lighting
- Has a slight echo
- Mute button is not very good
7. Pacrate GH-1 Stereo Gaming Headset
You can always be sure of getting clear surround sound when using the Pacrate GH-1 thanks to the 50mm driver and the advanced audio technology. Also, you can use these headsets on different gaming platforms as they have a standard 3.5mm jack.
Better yet, they are some of the best for chatting when gaming as they have a sensitive, adjustable, and noise-canceling mic. Overall, these headsets will provide a more ergonomic fit for maximum gamer comfort.
What’s more, they have an adequately padded headband and will include soft earpads to ensure they are cozy enough for your ears. One more thing that gamers will love is that the headset will include some dazzling LED lights.
- Clear surround sound
- Noise-canceling mic for clear chat
- Works for different gaming platforms
- Provides a more ergonomic fit
- Padded headband and soft earpads
- Dazzling LED lights
- USB plug works for lights only
- Bass is not heavy enough
8. PDP 048-040-NA-YCAM Xbox One Chat Gaming Headset
Because this PDP gaming headset will connect to your Xbox One controller, it will be super easy to set up, and you should not spend more than just a few minutes setting it up for use. Besides the ease of setup, it uses a 30mm driver to deliver high-definition sound, which should be good enough for a budget chat headset.
What makes this a fantastic chat headset is that it will include a flexible and noise-canceling mic that will pick up your voice with well without the background noise. There are also in-line controls for convenient operations. And with the lightweight and more comfortable design, you can use the headset for long periods with no issue.
- Simple set up
- High-definition drivers
- More flexible and noise-canceling mic
- Convenient in-line controls
- More lightweight and comfortable design
- Sound quality still needs improvement
- Small padded side
9. Beexcellent GM500 Gaming Headset
The pleasant camo finish is the first element that will draw your attention to this gaming headset, but there is still much more to it than this. It will use a 50mm magnetic neodymium driver to deliver precise and clear sound for a fantastic gaming experience. This is also a more suitable headset for multiple gaming platforms as it can work for all kinds of consoles.
With the over-ear design, this is a more comfortable headset to use, and it also comes in a more lightweight design to ensure it will not add too much mass to your ear. Chatting when gaming should also be much better as there is a noise-canceling and sensitive microphone. Again, this speaker has an anti-static design.
- Precise and noise-isolating driver
- Suitable for various gaming platforms
- Comfortable over-ear design
- Anti-static design
- Noise-canceling mic
- Pleasant camo finish
- Not the best sound quality
- Feels a little weird at first
10. PDP Gaming 048-136-NA LVL30 Wired Chat Headset
PDP Gaming 048-136-NA LVL30 is another fantastic chat headset that gamers will love as it will offer a more sensitive and noise-canceling microphone. This is also an ideal headset for use on both the left and right ear, which means it will not be restrictive when gaming like others out there.
Overall, it is also more comfortable and lightweight, ensuring it will be comfortable enough for extended use. And with the high-definition 30mm driver, it will deliver a relatively clearer sound when comparing it to other budget models. Also, it has a convenient flip to mute mic and a more durable and breathable ear cushion.
- Suitable for both left and right ear use
- Clear, high-definition driver
- Comfortable and more lightweight
- Noise-canceling mic
- Flip-to-mute mic function
- Breathable ear cushion
- Can be a little too snug at first
- Earpiece blocks out sound
For anyone that likes gaming on the Xbox One, a headset will be one of your best investments, and it will help spice up your gaming experience by delivering amazing and immersive sound. And this piece proves you do not need to spend a lot of cash to get one.
While every budget model on our list will give you exceptional service, the Runmus K2 Xbox One Headset seems to have the edge over others and is hence our top recommendation. However, if you are looking for a chat headset, go with the Turtle Beach Recon TBS-2408-01 Headset.