Whether it is in your house or your car, a toolbox comes in handy in so many situations. If you need one, you need to ensure that it is strong enough to carry your tools around because the typical service life involves hits and bumps into things and accidental drops.
But these tough and sturdy toolboxes do not always come cheap, given that the manufacturer used heavy-duty and more expensive materials to make them. But with that in mind, the good news is that there are still many high-quality options on the market that do not cost much, and you just need to find them.
In this piece, we are all about helping you get an excellent toolbox without spending a lot of money. We do this by reviews some top-rated budget options to give you recommendations.
- List of The Best Cheap Tool Box on Amazon.com
- 1. CARTMAN Orange 39-Piece Tool Set
- 2. DEWALT DWST17814 Tstak Tool Box
- 3. Apollo Tools DT9706 39-Piece Hand Tool Set
- 4. DEWALT DWST08204 Extra Large Tool Box
- 5. Cartman 148-Piece Tool Set
- 6. Akro-Mils 09514 Plastic Toolbox
- 7. DEWALT DWST24070 Tool Tote
- 8. Plano Molding 114-002 Compact Tool Box
- 9. Akro-Mils Plastic Toolbox
- 10. BIG RED TB102 Steel Tool Box
List of The Best Cheap Tool Box on Amazon.com
1. CARTMAN Orange 39-Piece Tool Set
This toolset is a well-rounded starter set for general light use. The set has all the essential tools to help you repair a bicycle, fix simple plumbing issues, assemble furniture, among others.
And they all come in a sturdy storage case to ensure besides getting a toolbox; you also get the tools you need. These tools include 10″ tape measure, 6″ slip joint pliers, bit driver, claw hammer, 8″ scissors, 2″ bit connector, utility snap-off knife, four precision screwdrivers, and twenty 1″ screwdriver bits.
All these tools are heat-treated to make them even sturdier to ensure they provide a long service life. What’s more, you can be sure they are tested and proven to be top quality as they also meet ANSI critical standards.
- Sturdy and secure storage case
- Heavy duty-chrome material tools
- Complete with all tools for small repairs
- Exceeds ANSI standards
- Portable to ensure maximum convenience
- Some tool sections like handles could be sturdier
- Does not have some driver bits
2. DEWALT DWST17814 Tstak Tool Box
DELWAT offers a wide variety of toolboxes for budget shoppers. Being a top brand they are also famous for making top-notch tools and equipment. For this particular toolbox, you get a vast interior space that allows for easy tool organization and accommodates more tools.
Better still, it has an additional top organizer with dividers that are perfect for storing drills and bits. The handle of the toolbox is comfortable, making it easy to carry around.
Besides, it also has side latches that enable it to be stacked on top of other modules, and it has metal latches that are rust-resistant.
- Ample storage space for tools
- Has top organizer for smaller tools
- Rust-resistant sturdy metal
- Great handle for easy transportation.
- Made by a reliable brand
- A little heavy if fully loaded
- Some of the plastic components are a bit brittle
3. Apollo Tools DT9706 39-Piece Hand Tool Set
The Apollo Tools DT9706 is a decent toolbox that can hold most tools required for many repairs around your home. All the included tools are built from 45C carbon steel with heat treatment and chrome plating to make them durable and highly resistant to rust and corrosion.
The handles of these tools are made of two-fold plastics, and those on the case are made to be super comfortable and durable for easy handling.
The toolset incorporates a 12-foot measuring tape, 8″ scissors, 6″ slip joint pincers, 20 bits, paw hammer, 8 SAE hex keys, tightening bit driver, plastic blade, and four exactness screwdrivers. All the tools meet the basic ANSI models.
- Sturdy, compact storage case
- Comes complete with some handy essential tools
- Comfortable handles
- Can be reliable in challenging work condition
- Meets basic ANSI standard
- Could still be a little tougher
4. DEWALT DWST08204 Extra Large Tool Box
The DELWAT DWST08204 toolbox is a strong and sturdy case that provides enough space to carry all the tools you may want and can hold up to 110 pounds. Hence, if you have many tools that you need to store and transport, this will be a good buy.
Tool organization is also relatively easy as there is an inner vertical storage space for hand tools and a few other compartments for other tool types. What’s more, it has a removable tray where you can store smaller equipment and items like bolts and nuts.
The case is long-lasting as its walls are 4mm thick and with a high-quality finish. There are also side handles on the box that allow you to carry it easily and comfortably. Better still, you will never have to worry about water getting in and causing rust as there is an integrated water seal.
- Spacious interior
- Well-organizes storage space
- Removable tray to store smaller tools
- Heavy-duty metal latches and hinges
- Large weight capacity
- Integrated water seal that protects tools
- Can be a little too bulky for some users
- Still not the most long-lasting
5. Cartman 148-Piece Tool Set
Buy now from Amazon
Here is another toolbox from Cartman built to hold more tools. Expect to find a wide variety of tools in this toolset; therefore, for your emergency tasks and DIY projects around your home, you will have something in the box to help you out.
All the 148 tools are well-chosen, ensuring that the toolbox includes the most commonly used tools. The box is made of plastic but with a solid look, and it will endure through rough-handling and operate in harsh worksite environments.
Each device has a separate space meaning that you will have an easy time locating the specific tool you need.
- Lightweight for easy carry
- Keeps all items in an organized way
- Tools are well made
- Compact for storing anywhere
- The plastic case is not always very durable
- Not for heavy-duty use.
6. Akro-Mils 09514 Plastic Toolbox
This toolbox is made from industrial-grade plastic that makes it high quality and durable. Better yet, it has some well-rounded edges for safety. Also, it comes with a removable tray that makes it easy to access your tools.
It is excellent for storing and transporting your supplies like hand tools, camping utensils, hobby paints, kids toy tools, fishing, and tackle box, among others. This toolbox is quite versatile, and besides use in the workshop and different job sites, it can come in handy when you are going camping or fishing since it can store other items that you may require.
And one more thing that makes it fantastic is that it features a steel latch with a big padlock eye. Therefore, you can lock the box with a padlock or a zip tie fr maximum security.
- Thicke and durable plastic material
- Easy to lock
- Spacious enough to carry all equipment
- Versatile and multifunctional
- Easy tool retrieval and maneuvering
- Latch is a little rigid
- Still not enough space for huge hand tools
7. DEWALT DWST24070 Tool Tote
Dewalt designs tools that can stand up to harsh job site conditions and have a durable case. DEWALT DWST24070 is another toolbox from DEWALT that ticks all these boxes. Like many of their other toolboxes, it is a spacious unit that holds more tools.
Also, its top case is made with an integrated carry handle for power tools and small parts. A long metal carry handle is installed for a comfortable grip when carrying the tote, making it easy to transport to wherever you are working.
The metal is heavy duty and anti-rust; therefore, you are guaranteed durability and that it will not rust or corrode. Lastly, it has a front push-button for easy detaching or attaching the case to the tote unit.
- Spacious enough interior
- Easy to organize tools
- Heavy-duty anti-rust metal
- Great design and durable structure
- Long metal for a comfortable grip when carrying
- It is not entirely watertight
8. Plano Molding 114-002 Compact Tool Box
The Plano Molding 112-002 is a storage box that offers multiple organization options without consuming too much space. It is divided into compartments that make the tools and accessories easy to organize.
The top storage section is very deal for keeping things like nails and screws to be easily accessible. Better yet, there is also a lift-out tray added to the storage to make it easy to organize and retrieve the small tools and accessories.
Overall, the toolbox is made with heavy-duty latches for extra sturdiness. Also, some nice handles provide a comfortable and secure pace for holding the box during transport. The toolbox is also made of high-grade plastic that assures you that it is durable enough.
- Sturdy but still portable
- Removable tray
- Nice latches for easy opening and closing
- Well-organized interior
- Thick plastic material
- Not spacious enough for massive tools
9. Akro-Mils Plastic Toolbox
This Akro-Mils toolbox is made of industrial-grade plastic with rounded edges for safety. It provides a large space for storing all the essential tools you need for regular jobs like home improvement and DIY jobs.
If you are going camping or somewhere else you need storage; this toolbox can be of great help as it is multifunctional. You can use it for carrying camping utensils, hand tools, kids’ toy tools, fishing accessories, and many more.
Works as a great organizer in your garage to store frequently used tools. The latch is big and firm to ensure you can carry your tools and other accessories without any hassle.
- Ample storage space
- Heavy-duty construction
- Firm handle design
- Allows for easy tool organization
- Not designed to accommodate massive hand tools
- Not the most pleasing appearance.
10. BIG RED TB102 Steel Tool Box
The Big Red TB102 acts as a handy portable toolbox. It is a small toolbox that can still carry a decent number of the essentials of things you need on a specific day. The unique design is also a refreshing choice and great for the eye.
This box can also protect your stuff from external hazards since it is built with heavy-duty gauge steel coated with a layer of corrosion-resistant powder.
Hence, you never have to stress about your tools when carrying them around. The handle is also super comfortable, and the latch is heavily plated to make it even more comfortable. You can also use the toolbox as home storage for your tools.
- Compact and portable toolbox
- Long-lasting, heavy-duty material
- Unique and peasant design
- Super comfortable handle
- Versatile for multiple functions
- Not for extensive storage of tools
When you know what you will do with a toolbox, it choosing one becomes much easy. That said, always consider an inexpensive toolbox first since it can still do the job while also saving you some much-needed cash.
For a person who needs a toolbox to carry lots of tools which might be heavy, the best option for that is the DEWALT Tool Box Tough System, Extra Large (DWST08204). It can carry tools that weigh up to 110 pounds.
When you need an organizer that can also work for storing your children’s toys, the Akro-Mils 12-Inch ProBox Plastic Toolbox is suitable and should provide excellent service.