Turntables are classic music equipment that never seems to go out of trend. You can bring back your memories with one in the house by listening to some old-school music from your vinyl records. And despite not being as prevalent as they were many decades ago, you can still find a good turntable with a little shopping around.
What’s more, you will not need to spend a fortune as there are many affordable models out there. But we know choosing a good one is not always easy, whether it is because you are not knowledgeable of what defines the best one or do not have time to compare several of them. Therefore, here we help narrow down your options with reviews of 10 top-rated budget models.
- List of The Best Cheapest Turntables in 2021 on Amazon.com
- 1. Jensen JTA-230 3-Speed Turntable
- 2. Victrola V50-200 Black Retro Bluetooth Record Player
- 3. Audio-Technica At-LP60X-BW Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable
- 4. Wockoder Vinyl Record Player
- 5. Denon DP-300F Analog Turntable
- 6. Byron Statics KCT-601 Vinyl Record Player
- 7. 1byone High Fidelity Belt Drive Turntable
- 8. 1byone 1-AD07US01 Belt Drive Turntable
- 9. Crosley CR8005D-GR Cruiser Deluxe Bluetooth Suitcase Turntable
- 10. Wrcibo XR-636DP-89 3-Speed Vintage Turntable
List of The Best Cheapest Turntables in 2021 on Amazon.com
1. Jensen JTA-230 3-Speed Turntable
The Jensen JTA-230 3 Speed Stereo Turntable has everything you can wish for on your turntable, which is why it makes the top of our list. First, it is a 3-speed model that will include some built-in speakers to deliver exceptional sound quality and eliminate the need for external ones.
You can also convert your vinyl record to MP3 audio if you want to, as this model will include a USB port and cable just for this. And you can also connect it to your other devices like an MP3 player, iPod, and other digital audio players. Overall, this is a more compact and lightweight unit for portability, and besides also allowing for record speed adjustment, it comes with handy power indicators.
- Built-in speakers
- Includes vinyl to MP3 encoding
- Lightweight and compact
- Handy power indicator
- Allows for easy record speed adjustment
- Tracking force is nit adjustable
- Thin plastic housing
2. Victrola V50-200 Black Retro Bluetooth Record Player
When a vintage turntable meets modern technology, this machine is what you get. Hence, it will allow you to enjoy some good old vinyl music and play music through other modern ones you prefer, such as via Bluetooth and USB, as it has a multimedia center. Better still, it has some powerful built-in speakers that deliver a loud enough sound output.
When it comes to the turntable, you get a 3-speed belt that makes this unit perfect for almost any living space, including the bedroom. And you also have an easy time with the controls as besides being in a convenient location, they are easy to use and include a nice LED display. Many users also love that this unit includes several connectivity technologies from Bluetooth to USB and AUX.
- Multifunctional multimedia center
- Powerful built-in speakers
- 3-speed turntable
- Conveniently-located and easy to use controls
- Variety of connectivity technologies
- Stylish retro case
- CD player does not seem to work very well
- Overall build quality is not the best
3. Audio-Technica At-LP60X-BW Belt-Drive Stereo Turntable
With the fully automatic design of this Audio Technica turntable, you can be sure of having an easy time playing all your favorite vinyl records. You never have to worry about finding replacement platters as this model uses a durable die-cast aluminum one that will provide a long service life.
Many users will appreciate that it provides improved tracking and minimize resonance thanks to the redesigned tonearm base and headshell. When you buy the turntable, you also get a handy dust cover and get to choose from 4 different finish color options to ensure you get something that suits your tastes.
- Fully automatic design
- Durable die-cast aluminum platter
- Improved tracking with minimal resonance
- Different finish color options
- Comes with a dust cover
- Limited connectivity options
- Only 2 speed options
4. Wockoder Vinyl Record Player
This Wockoder turntable will allow for Bluetooth connectivity, making it possible to enjoy a modern music player’s convenience while still maintaining the vintage appeal of a turntable. Also, the turntable has a more classic look with a vinyl and wood overall construction. This construction also makes this a more durable option.
Sound output is also well-taken care of by the built-in stereo speaker. And overall, this is a lightweight and more portable unit. Better yet, it has 3-speed options to allow you to play the records at different speeds and hence ensuring it can accommodate different vinyl sizes. Operation is also easy as there are some simple controls on the unit.
- Allows for Bluetooth connectivity
- Classic vinyl and wood materials
- Built-in stereo speaker
- Lightweight and portable
- 3-speed record player
- Easy to use controls
- Sound quality, not the best when using external speakers
- Getting cover on and off the needle is finicky
5. Denon DP-300F Analog Turntable
The fully automatic design means that you will get consistently great sound with this turntable without having to do much. Also, it has an automatic startup function that will allow the record to start playing immediately. And because the record has a slim and sleek design that includes a heavy base, you get a noiseless and rich sound as it helps dampen vibrations.
A built-in phono equalizer on this turntable will create an open and enveloping sound for an even better listening experience. What’s more, this turntable provides a smooth and gentle motion and is super easy to install and set up to ensure even the first time users will not have any difficulties. And with the sleek, analog design, it will look fantastic in any space.
- Fully Automatic design
- Sleek, analog-style
- Easy installation and setup
- Phono equalizer is built-in
- Automatic startup function
- Smooth and gentle motion
- Playback speed has consistency issues
- Instructions could be a little more informative
6. Byron Statics KCT-601 Vinyl Record Player
Being almost as lightweight as a small laptop, the Byron Statics KCT-601 is designed for portability, and it is the kind you can be confident if having an easy time carrying around. Also, it comes in a more stylish but still rustic design that ensures it also looks fantastic in any space you place it.
When it comes to the setup and operation, things are more straightforward with this turntable as it has only a few and easy to understand controls. Also, it provides 3-speed options to get record players more options as they can choose to play at 33, 45, and 78 RPM. Other things like the built-in speakers and headphone jack, make this an even more pleasant turntable.
- Stylish but rustic design
- More lightweight and easy to carry
- Simple setup and operation
- Provides 3-speed options
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Headphone jack included
- Cheap plastic case
- No Bluetooth connectivity
7. 1byone High Fidelity Belt Drive Turntable
The pleasant overall appearance is the main highlight of this turntable as it combines a vintage look with a modern touch to create one of the most pleasant music machines. Besides looks, the turntable’s performance will not disappoint as it has some powerful speaker and is designed with an adjustable counterweight to ensure you get even better quality music output.
With a built-in amplifier, this machine makes it possible to connect external speakers. Better still, it has both AUX and Bluetooth connectivity options to make it easy to pair it with various other audio devices. And users love that it plays music with no distortion or annoying background noises.
- Exquisite overall appearance
- Built-in amplifier
- Includes both Bluetooth and AUX connectivity
- Powerful built-in speakers
- Provides a noise and distortion-free performance
- Adjustable counterweight
- Lights are not the most attractive
- Not powerful enough for large rooms
8. 1byone 1-AD07US01 Belt Drive Turntable
There are many things that turntable lovers will appreciate about this record player, but key among them is that it offers stable and straightforward wireless connectivity. This connectivity allows you to pair it with other devices to increase your music playing capabilities. Also, it delivers a rich sound with outstanding clarity and includes a handy adjustable counterweight.
With this model, vinyl recording is also possible, as you can connect it to your computer using a USB cable. And because it includes both line and phono outputs, you can play your vinyl records whether you are using a phono equalizer or not.
- Simple and stable wireless connectivity
- Delivers rich sound and outstanding clarity
- Adjustable counterweight
- Allows for vinyl recording
- Advanced anti-skating system
- Includes both line and phono outputs
- Requires some assembly
- Arm does not return to cradle after the record finishes playing
9. Crosley CR8005D-GR Cruiser Deluxe Bluetooth Suitcase Turntable
Crosley CR8005D-GR includes a built-in receiver that allows you to stream music wirelessly from various devices. What’s more, you do not just stream music but also do it with some powerful and dynamic full-range speaker. These speakers also ensure that you will get a loud enough and high-quality sound when playing your vinyl records.
Sound quality for this turntable will be further enhanced by the fact that it includes adjustable pitch control that will be very handy at minimizing things like noise and distortion when playing records. Also, this belt-drive turntable provides 3-speed options to allow you to play various record sizes. And with the headphone and RCA jack outputs, you get even more connectivity and listening options as you can also connect your favorite headsets for a more enthralling experience.
- Built-in Bluetooth receiver
- Full-range speakers
- Adjustable pitch control
- Belt-driven 3-speed turntable
- Headphone and RCA outputs included
- Mostly made from plastic
- Cannot connect wirelessly to portable speakers
10. Wrcibo XR-636DP-89 3-Speed Vintage Turntable
The Wrcibo XR-636DP-89 has a solid wood construction that gives it a sleek and more vintage looks to ensure it looks fantastic. What’s more, the solid wood case is as durable as you can wish for on your turntable. And besides the wooden construction, this turntable is belt driven and with 3-speed options to ensure you can play your records at various speeds.
There are also some nice built-in stereo speakers to make this a complete and all-one turntable that will not require you to have any external speakers enjoy your music. What’s more, you will get all the other connectivity options you want on your turntable, such as AUX-in, RCA output, and even a headphone jack for your headsets.
- Belt-driven with 3-speed options
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Includes AUX-in, headphone jack and RCA output
- Made from natural wood
- All-in-one design
- Does not come with an extra replacement needle
- Speakers could be louder
Turntables are always an excellent music system to have around as besides, allowing you to play all your vinyl record adds a touch of vintage style to your space. And even if you do not want to spend a lot on one, there are still many affordable options available.
With that in mind, the Jensen JTA-230 3-Speed Turntable takes our top spot and is our best overall recommendation, while the Victrola V50-200 Black Retro Bluetooth Record Player comes a close second and should work for almost anyone.