With streaming services such as Xbox Game Pass and PlayStation now becoming increasingly more desirable options, having the best modem for gaming will give you a reliable performance. These modems are loaded with innovative features to give you a solid internet connection every time.
The best thing is that they are space-saving and economical to help you eliminate monthly rental fees. These modems have multiple channels to eliminate input lag for online gamers. At the same time, they are designed to work with any router for optimum versatility.
With so many modems for gaming making way into the industry, finding the best one is not easy. That is why you need to have a thorough read through the following top 10 best reviews in 2020.
- List of The Best Modem For Gaming
- 1. TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
- 2. NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1200Cable Modem
- 3. Arris SURFboard Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem
- 4. NETGEAR Cable Modem CM600
- 5. ARRIS SURFboard (32×8) Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem
- 6. NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C7000
- 7. ARRIS SURFboard Docsis 3.1 Cable Modem
- 8. MOTOROLA AC1600 Cable Modem Plus
- 9. MOTOROLA DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem
- 10. NETGEAR CM1000 Cable Modem
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Modem for Gaming
List of The Best Modem For Gaming
1. TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Free yourself from monthly internet rental fees, by owning the TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem. It is equipped with DOCSIS 3.0 technology to allow for faster processing speeds of 343Mbps on downloads and 143 Mbps on uploads.
This cable modem has an 8×4 channel bonding technology to enable you to stream and game without slowing down. It comes with multiple network safeguards for you to protect your network.
This device is compatible with major cable ISPs including spectrum, Xfinity, Cox, Comcast, and bright house networks among others. It is built to support IPV4 and IPV6 which are the latest internet standards. Plus this modem is covered by a 2-year warranty and 24/7 technical support for you to buy with confidence.
- This cable model is available in various styles to choose from
- It is simple to set up and to use
- This modem provides comprehensive network compatibility
- The package includes a cable modem only; hence, you will need a router to enable Wi-Fi
2. NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1200Cable Modem
Built for ultimate speed, the NETGEAR Nighthawk CM1200 Cable Modem is the best cable provider plans for up to 2GB speeds. It supports IPv6 as well as multiple IP addresses for optimum versatility. This cable modem is designed to work with any Wi-Fi router, ensuring it can support all your wireless devices.
It comes with 4 gigabit Ethernet ports to give you fast wired connections to your computer, game box, separate Wi-Fi router, and printer among other devices. This modem boasts a 32×8 channel bonding technology to allow for faster speeds of up to 1.4Gbps.
Thus, it makes the best modem for people who want to game or stream live videos. It has multi-gigabit Ethernet to ensure link aggregation combines two 1G ports into one 2G port for faster wired Ethernet speed. What’s more, this modem is compatible with all major internet providers including but not limited to spectrum, COX, and Comcast.
- This modem can save you up to $150 monthly rental fees per annum
- It comes in several styles to meet varying needs
- This unit is easy to set up in just 5 minutes
3. Arris SURFboard Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem
The Arris SURFboard Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem is compatible with major US cable internet providers including Xfinity, COX, Charter, and Spectrum. Thus, it makes the perfect addition to your home network. This cable modem is equipped with four 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports to ensure ultra-fast wired connections.
As a result, it is ideal for connecting gaming consoles, smart TVs, and many more. This model has a 16×4 channel bonding technology to deliver more speed and faster streaming as well as downloading throughout your home.
It has an all-in-one modem Wi-Fi combo to ensure no more managing of multiple devices. This means it is not only a space-saving internet solution but also it is economical since it will save you monthly rental fees.
- This device is simple to set up and to use
- It has support for multicast IP services
- This cable modem comes in various options to pick from
- It works with most operating systems including Windows, Linux Mac, and Unix
- This device is safeguarded to protect all your devices from malware and phishing scams
- This modem is a bit pricey but you get value for money
4. NETGEAR Cable Modem CM600
Engineered with 24×8 channel bonding technology, the NETGEAR Cable Modem CM600 is no doubt built for speed. Hence, it is best for cable provider plans of up to 400 Mbps speed. This cable modem has a 1-Gigabit Ethernet port to enable you to connect it to the computer or a separate Wi-Fi router.
And it works with any Wi-Fi router to support all your Wi-Fi devices for optimum versatility and convenience. This unit has wide compatibility with major internet providers to ensure it can work with Xfinity, spectrum, and COX.
It is very reliable and economical to enable you to do away with the expensive monthly rental fees. Better yet, this cable modem comes in several styles to suit users with various needs and preferences.
- This modem sets up easily and quickly
- Offers reliable internet speed for HD streaming and more
- It has not Wi-Fi limits
- This modem is space-saving and economical
- This model is not compatible with Verizon, CenturyLink, AT&T, DSL providers
5. ARRIS SURFboard (32×8) Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem
Power your home with the latest technology while saving on monthly modem rental fees using the ARRIS SURFboard (32×8) Docsis 3.0 Cable Modem. It is equipped with one 1-Gigabit Ethernet port to allow you to a Wi-Fi router to enjoy reliable high speeds on streaming and gaming.
This cable modem features 32×8 channel bonding technology to help you achieve speeds of up to 400Mbps. This means you can download at speeds of 32GB and upload at speeds of up to 8 GB.
This modem is compatible with most US Cable internet providers like spectrum, Xfinity, time warner, and cox among others. Also, it works with almost all operating systems including Linux, Windows, Mac, and Unix for utmost versatility.
- Available in two styles to choose from
- This cable modem is ideal for UHD movie streaming
- It is backed by a 2-year warranty with US-based customer service
- Works well for gaming and multiple device use simultaneously
- This device does not come with a Wi-Fi router or telephone adapter
6. NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C7000
Eliminate monthly rental fees while still enjoying faster and reliable internet with the NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router Combo C7000. It is compatible with all major cable internet providers such as Xfinity, Spectrum, and COX.
This cable modem is built with 24×8 channel bonding technology to deliver faster speeds of up to 400Mbps. Thus, it is suitable for streaming movies and gaming.
This device is equipped with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 2 USB ports to provide for faster-wired connections to your computer, game box, and other devices. It comes with parent controls and supports WEP and WPA/WPA2 wireless security protocols. Hence, you can have safe and secure connections throughout the entire home.
- Comes with a manual for easy use
- This device comes in various styles to choose from
- Provides superior Wi-Fi coverage
- Allows for serious streaming
- This modem is not compatible with AT&T, Verizon, CenturyLink, and DSL providers
7. ARRIS SURFboard Docsis 3.1 Cable Modem
Approved for use with Spectrum, COX, and Xfinity, the ARRIS SURFboard Docsis 3.1 Cable Modem offers optimum compatibility. It has 32 downloads and 8 upload channels to allow for 300mbps internet plans and above.
This cable modem supports IPv4 and IPv6 which are the main internet browsing standards. It is equipped with the newest technology being offered by cable internet providers to ensure that you are up to date.
This device comes with Gigabit Ethernet ports to enable you to create 2 home networks capable of Gigabit speeds. It comes in several styles to enable you to choose from according to your budget and preferences. Furthermore, this cable modem is simple to set up since it requires simple cable connections and a quick visit to your ISPs self-activation portal.
- This modem is perfect for 4K ultra-HD video streaming
- It works great and saves you money
- Offers reliable and enjoyable speeds
- This cable modem has security features for you to use safely
- This device is not compatible with bundled voice services
8. MOTOROLA AC1600 Cable Modem Plus
Crafted with a 16×4 channel bonding technology, the MOTOROLA AC1600 Cable Modem Plus is suitable for cable internet service speeds of up to 375Mbps. It is equipped with a Broadcom modem chipset to provide safety from service attacks.
This modem is easy to acquire and will help you save up on monthly rental fees. It comes with a built-in high-speed Wi-Fi router to provide internet access for all Wi-Fi devices.
The included router can work on Wi-Fi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, meaning it is much less vulnerable to Wi-Fi interference from neighbors. Moreover, this cable modem is backed by a 2-year warranty as well as phone and web support to boost your confidence in buying.
- This cable modem comes with LAN ports for you to connect multiple devices
- It provides maximum actual internet download speed
- Helps to save space by reducing wires and power cubes
- This device is easy to set up and to use
- Needs a few improvements
9. MOTOROLA DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem
Designed with 32×8 channel bonding technology, the MOTOROLA DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem can deliver top internet speeds for all cable internet services. It works with any Wi-Fi router including Google Wi-Fi, eero, mesh routers, or home Wi-Fi.
This cable modem is compatible with various IPs such as Xfinity, COX, and CableOne. And it is cost-effective to enable you to do away with costly monthly rental fees.
This model supports 2 Ethernet ports which are essential for delivering speeds of over 1Gbps. It works with HDTV, routers, computers, game stations, and streaming media services. Thus, this cable modem is a superb choice for users who want the ultimate in cable modem performance.
- This cable modem works like a charm
- Offers very fast internet speeds
- This cable modem is easy to set up and to activate
- Comes with a wrench for tightening coaxial heads
- This cable modem does not support telephone calls
10. NETGEAR CM1000 Cable Modem
Although the NETGEAR CM1000 Cable Modem does not work with Cable bundled voice services, it is compatible with Xfinity from Comcast and other major cable internet providers. It comes with 1 Gigabit Ethernet port to enable you to connect it to a computer or separate Wi-Fi.
This cable modem works with a wide variety of operating systems including Windows, Mac, and Google Chrome among others. It is made with a 32×8 channel bonding system to deliver faster downloading and uploading speeds.
Thus, this cable modem is ideal for gaming and live streaming of movies. It is designed to work with any router, ensuring optimum convenience and versatility.
- Available in multiple styles to choose from
- This cable modem is easy to install and works well
- It comes with a manual for the same
- Helps to eliminate monthly rental fees
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Modem for Gaming
Since there is more technology that goes into a modem for gaming, finding the best one can be a bit overwhelming. Here’s what you need to look out for.
Whether you are just getting started in gaming or are a professional, speed is one of the basic features you need to consider. This is because you want to end up with a faster modem that will make your gaming experience fun and enjoyable. Slow internet can be frustrating for everyone, so make sure you choose only those modems with high speeds.
Modems for gaming come at various prices which are largely determined by the features of a given product. Therefore, when you go shopping you need to compare the prices of various modems to consider only those within your budget. Also, make sure the modem you choose contains all the features you are looking for at a pocket-friendly price.
Before you settle on the modem for gaming to buy, ensure it supports your cable internet service provider. Most of the modems included in this compilation are compatible with Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum. A modem for gaming that is not compatible with your service provider is as good as useless and isn’t going to be much use for gaming.
As a dedicated gaming enthusiast who wants to take their gaming to the next level, there is no better way than to invest in the best modem for gaming. And in the above reviews, we have done intensive research to bring you state-of-the-art gaming modems in the industry right now. So whether you are a rookie trying to spice things up of being a pro that needs to elevate performance, we’ve got you covered. All you have to do is go through the reviews and the included buyer’s guide to take home the right modem for gaming.