The best surge protector for refrigerator is exactly what you need to protect your delicate appliances and devices from a power surge, overloading, overheating, over-current, and overcharging.
A surge protector normally has a high energy rating that enables it to do a good job. It is important in the sense that it protects your devices from potentially damaging power surges.
By so doing, a surge protector for the refrigerator will help you save a lot in the long run. In this article, we have compiled a list of those brands we believe are the best. Take a look.
- 1. Belkin 12-Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector w/8ft Cord
- 2. AmazonBasics 6-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip, 2 Pack
- 3. Belkin 4,320 Joules 12-Outlet Pivot-Plug Power Strip Surge Protector
- 4. HITRENDS Surge Protector with 6 AC Outlets & 6 USB Charging Ports
- 5. bototek Power Strip with USB Ports – White
- 6. Belkin 12-Outlet USB Power Strip Surge Protector w/Flat Plug
- 7. APC P11U2 11-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip with USB Charging Ports
- 8. KMC 6-Outlet 99 Joule Surge Protector Power Strip (2 Park)
- 9. AmazonBasics 4,320 Joule 12-Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector
- 10. AmazonBasics 4,500 Joule 8-Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Surge Protector for Refrigerator
1. Belkin 12-Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector w/8ft Cord
Most electronics are pretty costly, and, therefore, should be well safeguarded. The Belkin 12-Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector offers a nice solution to protecting your electronics from power surges. It safeguards home theater, computers & laptops, smartphones & tablets, kitchen appliances, and office equipment from power surges.
By so doing, this power strip surge protector will give you peace of mind wherever you are. It comes with a generous 8-foot cord to make it easy to use even in rooms where wall sockets are far away. Of the 12 outlets, 6 are regular, whereas the other 6 are BlockSpace. BlockSpace outlets accommodate oversized power adapters without blocking other outlets.
Moreover, this surge protector boasts an intelligent circuit design, which detects and accommodates the power needs of the devices that are plugged in. The specifications of this unit are Energy Rating – 3940 Joules and Maximum Spike Voltage – 6,000V.
- Does a great job of protecting devices from an electrical surge
- Looks much neater than ordinary power strips
- It helps eliminate clutter
- Ideal for those with busy workspaces
- Bigger than expected, but this is because of the numerous outlets
2. AmazonBasics 6-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip, 2 Pack
Despite these surge protector power strips coming in a pack of 2, their price point is surprisingly low, and this really impresses us. Another thing we like about these surge protectors is that the manufacturer is mindful of their designs. Featuring a sleek and slim design, the two surge protectors can effortlessly be slid into narrow spaces.
This means they will help keep your room neat and organized. Although the cords of these surge protectors only measure 2 feet, this is intentional, and, therefore, should not be a concern. The manufacturer has settled on short cords to help prevent a tripping hazard as well as to reduce clutter.
The energy rating of these protectors is 200 Joules; making them perfect for protecting such small appliances as phones and lamps. There is a red LED indicator that illuminates when you turn these protectors on to let you know that it is functional.
- The price is hard to beat
- The on/off switch feels very sturdy
- The surge protectors are solidly constructed
- Cord plugs fit nicely
- The mounting holes are weirdly cut
3. Belkin 4,320 Joules 12-Outlet Pivot-Plug Power Strip Surge Protector
We are pleased to note that this pivot-plug power strip surge protector comes with a lifetime warranty. The warranty proves that the manufacturer really cares and believes in the quality of this product. What’s more, the surge protector is protected by a Connected Equipment Warranty.
Its Energy Rating is 4,320 Joules, and its Maximum Spike Voltage is 6,000V. The high energy rating enables this unit to safeguard home theater, office equipment, appliances, and computers from power surges that can damage them.
The protector has 12 outlets, and it comes with an 8-foot cord for maximum convenience. Of the 12 outlets, 8 rotate, while 4 are stationary. This further promotes convenience. The surge protector also has a cable-management clip that keeps cables organized so your room can be in good condition all the time. Although its price is quite on the high side, it is worth it.
- Pivoting outlets ensure ease of use
- Has a highly-rated power surge protection level
- The surge protector has plenty of outlets
- Made of quality material
- Looks bulky and might take a fair amount of space
4. HITRENDS Surge Protector with 6 AC Outlets & 6 USB Charging Ports
It is safe to say that this surge protector is a 2-in-1 unit. It has 6 sockets/outlets and 6 USB charging ports. This means it can charge up to 6 devices at the same time. The surge protector is great for tablets, phones, and other appliances.
It has a built-in surge protector module that prevents devices from being damaged as a result of a power surge, lightning, and thunder. The USB ports on this surge protector will automatically detect your devices and then deliver the fastest charge speed up to 2.4A.
Furthermore, this unit comes equipped with short-circuit, over-load, and high-current protection. It is certified by FCC and RoHS to give you peace of mind knowing that you are using a quality product. As if that’s not enough, the surge protector is made of fire-resistance PC shell and 100-percent copper wire.
- Great for households with plenty of phones
- Charges phones fast and full
- Does not take up much space
- Construction is clean and nice
- The company stands with it
- The plug outlets are kind of close together
5. bototek Power Strip with USB Ports – White
The overload protection enables this power strip with USB ports to protect against fluctuations and spikes. There is also intelligent circuitry featuring a built-in voltage sensor for detecting and responding to the power needs of your voltage. Additionally, this power strip has a safety feature that keeps your device well protected.
The heavy-duty cord is extra-long and accredited by FCC, RoHS. The cord shows that the entire unit is not just solidly constructed but also it has undergone rigorous tests for quality and safety. The manufacturer’s worry-free 24-month warranty also proves that indeed this is a quality product.
Plus there are friendly customer support and lifetime technical support to make sure you have the smoothest experience with this surge protector. The unit is heat resistant up to 1382 degrees Fahrenheit. It has everything you need and we believe you will find it handy for keeping various devices powered.
- The power cable is long enough
- Outlets have decent spacing between them
- The USB ports are perfect for charging electronic devices
- Quality is good for the price
- Some outlets are quite difficult to access
6. Belkin 12-Outlet USB Power Strip Surge Protector w/Flat Plug
Premium protection against surges is only delivered by premium surge protectors. Belkin is a good company that produces top-notch surge protectors. Therefore, we are certain that this 12-outlet power strip surge protector is of good quality and exactly what you are looking for. It has 6 Blockspace outlets and 6 regular sockets to provide you with maximum convenience.
The Blockspace outlets can handle oversized printer and charger plugs. As if that’s not enough, this surge protector with a flat plug comes with convenient USB ports that allow you to charge your mobile phone while surfing, checking email, or working.
The energy rating of this unit is 3,996 Joules, and this means it has what it takes to protect appliances and devices that consume a lot of energy. Furthermore, this unit boasts advanced power filtration that enables it to maintain data integrity as well as to deliver optimal system performance.
- Keeps appliances safe during a power surge
- Can help you save a lot of money
- The ports are nicely spaced
- Does not take up too much room
- The USB ports are not the best for when you want your devices to be charged fast
7. APC P11U2 11-Outlet Surge Protector Power Strip with USB Charging Ports
The dimensions of this surge protector power strip are 11.9 by 4.7 by 1.6 inches. The surge protector power strip comes with a lifetime warranty that protects it against original defects. Additionally, this surge protector has an energy rating of 2880 Joules. Well, this is high enough to make it great for protecting a number of appliances including refrigerator.
The surge protector has 11 outlets, and this means it can power numerous appliances. By so doing, the surge protector helps eliminate clutter not to mention playing a great role in making your room cleaner and more organized.
It also features 2 USB ports that offer 2.4Amps of charging power. In addition, this surge protector comes with a 6ft power cord, which is long enough to make it convenient to use. Whether you are buying the surge protector for home or office, expect it to work as promised.
- The socket spacing is excellent
- USB ports seem to charge phones and tablets fully and fast
- The price is reasonable
- Disconnects your appliances from power should there be a large surge
- Outlets are very tight at first; therefore, you need to put a lot of pressure on the plug
8. KMC 6-Outlet 99 Joule Surge Protector Power Strip (2 Park)
We are impressed with the fact that these surge protector power strips are ETL listed. This shows they are of stunning quality and will work as advertised. We are also happy with the 24-month warranty which also proves that surge protectors are great. The energy rating of these power strips is 900 Joules.
Well, this is not the highest in the industry but it is high enough to provide maximum protection to all household electronic devices. Each power strip has 6 outlets; meaning you will get a total of 12 outlets. This is enough to protect all the devices at home.
There is a lighted switch featuring a 15-Amp circuit breaker to let you know that your devices are protected from a power surge, over-loading, over-heating, and overcharging. The power surge protector is available in two colors, which are Black and White.
- The price is right
- The power strips are ETL certified
- They appear to be well made
- They give peace of mind whenever there is a power surge
- Power strips come with a Thank You card
- The spacing could be better
9. AmazonBasics 4,320 Joule 12-Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector
With a high energy rating of 4,320 Joules, this strip surge protector is the go-to unit if you want to protect sensitive devices, such as refrigerators, TVs, data lines, and computers, from potentially-damaging power surges. It has LED lights that indicate grounded wiring and active surge protection. It also has a fireproof MOV that offers extra safety precaution from spikes and surges.
Besides, the outlets of this power strip surge protector are well-spaced and have sliding covers to promote safety. Since they are well-spaced, none will get on the way when you plug in large adapters.
The back keyhole wall mount allows you to conveniently hang this strip surge protector on the wall where it can be easily accessed. Another stunning feature this surge protector has is a power on/off switch that works with a 15Amp overload resettable circuit breaker for peerless performance.
- Will let you have numerous devices plugged in
- The built-in switch allows you to turn off the entire strip
- Great for homes or offices with few outlets
- Very durable and comes with a long power cord
- The green light is a little too bright; making the surge protector unsuitable for bedroom
10. AmazonBasics 4,500 Joule 8-Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector
Most devices are fairly expensive, and, therefore, need to be protected at all times. The AmazonBasics 4,500 Joule 8-Outlet Power Strip Surge Protector is designed to help you achieve that. Although it does not have as many outlets as other surge protectors in these reviews, it can still power multiple devices.
Furthermore, the energy rating of this power strip surge protector is 4,500 Joules. And this means it is capable of protecting appliances that consume a lot of energy. The outlets are widely spaced to allow for convenient plugging in.
There are also sliding dust covers as well as LED lights that indicate protection. Although this surge protector does a lot in keeping your devices safe, its price is not on the high side. As such, you can easily get it without scrapping off your budget. Its 6ft power cord is long enough to let you use it from almost any corner of the room.
- Easy to use and boasts solid construction
- The price is decent
- The outlets are well spaced
- The power strip helps keep the room organized
- The indicator light is very bright
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Surge Protector for Refrigerator
The article also brings you a buyer’s guide about how to find the best surge protector for refrigerators.
This is the maximum amount of energy a unit can absorb or redistribute before passing it to your device. Well, since you are looking for a power strip that can protect high energy-consuming appliances, such as refrigerators, it is advisable that you go for a unit with a high energy rating.
This is simply the maximum energy that can pass through a power strip without electrical damage. The sum of the wattages of the devices plugged in should be less or equal to the wattage of the surge protector. If it exceeds, the surge protector might catch fire.
A short power cord helps eliminate clutter as well as preventing tripping hazards. Nonetheless, a short power cord may not be very useful in places where wall sockets are inconveniently located. A long power cord is useful in such situations. But again, they can be the cause of tripping hazards.
The Number of Outlets
Choosing a surge protector with a large number of outlets is highly recommended because you get to have numerous devices plugged in. However, many outlets can lead to a reduction of space between them; making it hard to plug in several large adapters. So, if you decide to pick a surge protector with incredibly many outlets, make sure the outlets are well spaced.
Protecting your refrigerators, computers, TV, and others from power surges is very important. This is because most of these devices are expensive whether it is repairing or buying a new one. A surge protector for refrigerators is engineered to help you achieve that. With it, you will have peace of mind knowing that whatever happens, all your devices will be safe.