If you don’t have a bolt cutter in your toolbox, then it is time you started thinking of how to find the best bolt cutters for master locks. These bolt cutters are simple to operate, making them ideal for casual and professional use.
They are made from high-quality steel to ensure they are sturdy enough to sustain the rigors of everyday use. These bolt cutters are multifunctional to enable you to cut master locks, rods, rivets, padlocks, and bolts among others.
Most of them are lightweight and compact to enable you to use them on-the-go. To give you further insights into what makes the right bolt cutter, we bring you the following top 10 best bolt cutters for master locks in 2021 reviews.
- List of The Best Bolt Cutters for Master Locks
- 1. TEKTON 8″ Bolt Cutter, 3386
- 2. Neiko 00558A 12-inch Bolt Cutter
- 3. KNIPEX Tools 71 12 200 Cobolt Cutter
- 4. WORKPRO W017004A Bolt Cutter
- 5. Olympia Tools 39-114 Power Grip Bolt Cutter
- 6. Gunpla Pincers Cutting Pliers
- 7. GreatNeck 14 Inch Bolt Cutter
- 8. Alltrade 831718 Bolt Cutter – 18″
- 9. RUR 12inch Bolt Cutter
- 10. NIDAYE 8 inch Mini Wire Cutter
- How to Choose the Best Bolt Cutter for Master Locks
List of The Best Bolt Cutters for Master Locks
1. TEKTON 8″ Bolt Cutter, 3386
For the best bolt cutter that has the perfect combination of comfort, quality, and price, the TEKTON 8″ Bolt Cutter, 3386 is your go-to. It is well-made and simple to use, making it the perfect choice for casual and professional needs.
This bolt cutter is lightweight yet sturdy and durable enough to handle a wide variety of uses and to survive several years of use. It works with a compounding action that puts less pressure on your arms for easy operation.
At the same time, this unit has rolled steel handles with cushioned non-slip rubber grips for increased comfort during use. With the forged and hardened alloy steel jaws, it is powerful enough to cut bolts, threaded rods, chain, and heavy gauge wire up to 3/16 inches in diameter.
- Available in multiple sizes to choose from
- Offers great value for money
- Easy to use and has a superior cutting power
- The handles are strong enough not to twist or give under load
- Comes in only one color; however, this does not compromise performance
2. Neiko 00558A 12-inch Bolt Cutter
Equipped with a textured handle, the Neiko 00558A 12-inch Bolt Cutter is comfortable to hold and stays securely with reduced hand fatigue. It has chrome-moly steel jaws that aside from delivering extra cutting power also stay sharp with use after use.
Thus, this bolt cutter is versatile to help you cut through multiple types of materials such as bolts, padlock, chains, and many more. For added strength and longevity, the blades have been heat-treated so they can resist dents and damage during heavy use.
This tool is engineered with an outstanding lever-fulcrum that provides more power with less effort. Thus, it is very simple to use by professionals and rookies who just want to get busy with some DIY activities at home.
- Offers great control and comfort in cutting
- Sturdy enough to cut through the toughest bolts
- Comes in multiple sizes to select from
- This bolt cutter is heavy and feels great in the hand
- The blades have a satin finish that makes them attractive
3. KNIPEX Tools 71 12 200 Cobolt Cutter
Get an exceptional cutting performance with minimum effort when you have the KNIPEX Tools 71 12 200 Cobolt Cutter. It incorporates the new lever-action design that allows you to cut the toughest bolt without exerting too much pressure.
This bolt cutter is forged from chrome vanadium electric steel to give the strength to last several uses. It can, therefore, cut through a variety of bolts and metals of up to 1/4-inch diameter with ease.
This unit is lightweight with precision-matched cutting edges to allow you to cut through both soft and hard steel. Besides, it is complete with a comfort grip handle grips to provide optimum comfort and control in cutting.
- This unit has quality in every detail
- Suitable for gripping and pulling nails
- Offers exceptional cutting performance with minimal effort
- The cutting edges are additionally induction hardened or extra strength
- This bolt cutter needs a few improvements but overall it has great quality
4. WORKPRO W017004A Bolt Cutter
Use the WORKPRO W017004A Bolt Cutter to cut rods, bolts, rivets, wires, and chains up to 3/16 inches wide. It works with a drop forged chrome-molybdenum steel jaws to cut through anything with less effort.
This unit has strong tubular handles with ergonomic grips for non-slip comfort and more cutting control. The bolt cutter is designed to use a compound cutting action to enable you to less effort while cutting.
The blades are made with the classic lever-fulcrum design to deliver added leverage with less effort. Furthermore, this bolt cutter comes in several styles to enable you to select from based on your tastes and preferences.
- This tool is lightweight, portable and easy to use
- Sturdy to withstand several years of use
- Suitable for cutting soft metal, rods, chains, bolts, and rivets
- The comfortable grips on the handle provide good leverage
- Ideal for household and light commercial use
- The blades are not the sharpest and require a few improvements
5. Olympia Tools 39-114 Power Grip Bolt Cutter
With patented folding handles, the Olympia Tools 39-114 Power Grip Bolt Cutter folds into a compact unit to fit easily into a bag for convenient portability. It has a hardened steel cutting head that provides heavy-duty cutting strength every single time.
This bolt cutter is equipped with extra-wide handles that enable you to exert more pressure on the bolt with less effort. The handles are ergonomic with soft grips to enhance comfort during use. It has a heavy-duty construction to ensure it can tolerate even the toughest working conditions.
This bolt cutter has a nice color combination that looks very attractive. Furthermore, it is available in five different sizes for you to choose depending on your budget and preferences.
- This tool is compact and gets the job done
- It cuts easily through everything like bolts and padlocks
- The handles close properly and evenly on each side
- This bolt cutter is very heady to handle all heavy-duty tasks
- This unit is not precision machined; therefore, not ideal for routine use
6. Gunpla Pincers Cutting Pliers
Gunpla is serious with quality when it comes to their tools and the Gunpla Pincers Cutting Pliers are built on the same spirit. They are made from high-carbon, forged, polished steel for extra strength and longevity. The cutting pliers are complete with an electronic coating to protect them from rust and corrosion.
They use vinyl-dipped handles that provide exceptional leverage to make easy every cutting action. The handles are complete with a comfort grip coating to ensure firm command and control during use.
With perfectly mated cutters and anvil knife style edges, the pliers are super sharp for flush cutting nails and metals. Also, it is multifunctional to enable you to cut nails or pull them out from boards for added versatility.
- This unit is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee
- Its blades are super-sharp and safe
- The pliers are durable and easy to use
- Comes in handy when installing wood floors or ripping off old carpets
- This tool may come with a few defects; luckily it comes with a warranty
7. GreatNeck 14 Inch Bolt Cutter
The GreatNeck 14 Inch Bolt Cutter boasts a forged steel construction that gives it a great cutting power. It boasts a hardened cutting edge to ensure reliable and long-lasting performance with every use.
This bolt cutter is ruggedly built, making it an all-purpose tool for cutting medium tensile, concrete rods, soft bolts, rivers, bars, rods, and chains among others. It has powder-coded tubular steel handles to enable you to cut more with less effort.
The handles are covered in ergonomically shaped rubber to enhance comfort for optimum control during cutting. This unit works with the compound jaw-action styles to ensure you don’t have to use more effort to get the job done. What’s more, it is affordably priced so you don’t have to break the bank just to own it.
- Comes in several sizes to select from
- It has a short cutting edge to accommodate chain links
- This tool is lightweight and easy to use
- Feels comfortable in the hands
- The jaws are not very sturdy and may chip every once in a while
8. Alltrade 831718 Bolt Cutter – 18″
When you need a tool that is ideal for almost all situations, consider the Alltrade 831718 Bolt Cutter. The blades are built using strong chrome vanadium steel that makes them extremely sturdy to endure the rigors of everyday use.
This bolt cutter is made of durable heat-treated carbon steel for extra strength and longevity. It has hardened cutting jaws that hold their edges longer and can be resharpened many times.
Hence, this bolt cutter is ideal for home, garage, and worksite use. It has a lightweight design that makes it comfortable to hold and to use each time. Better yet, this model is affordably priced so you don’t have to dig deeper into your pockets just to own it.
- Works well on chains and swings
- It is sturdy and works well
- The price is great and offers great value for money
- Makes a nice tool for weekender DIY’ers
- This tool isn’t the best for a professional who wants to use it regularly
9. RUR 12inch Bolt Cutter
If you want a tool to cut rods, bolts, screws, nails, padlock hasps, and many more, look no further than the RUR 12inch Bolt Cutter. It is forged of high-quality carbon steel that has undergone overall heat treatment for precision and durability.
The blades are crafted from T8 steel and high-frequency quench hardening for optimum strength and longevity.
This cutter boasts an ergonomic plastic handle grip that is well-design for reliable non-slip performance. It has strengthening rivets connecting tightly not to fall off easily while in use. Also, this unit is lightweight and compact to allow for easy maneuverability and operation.
- Works as advertised for a reasonable price
- Suitable for large diameter wire
- Seems sturdy and well-made to last several uses
- Comes in multiple sizes for you to pick from
- This unit is portable for you to carry it easily whenever duty calls
- This bolt cutter could use a few improvements in the blades
10. NIDAYE 8 inch Mini Wire Cutter
Given its drop forged alloy steel design, the NIDAYE 8 inch Mini Wire Cutter is super-strong to deliver the ultimate cutting experience. It has a small cutting area to enable you to cut up to 3/16″ wires in diameter.
This unit is, therefore, suitable for cutting small wires, chain, threaded rod, mesh, and bolts among others. It comes with two premium toned grips that provide maximum leverage so you can use less effort while cutting.
The grips are textured to ensure premium comfort and control during the cutting process. This model is lightweight and compact to provide ease of use and carrying when not in use. Plus, it is backed by a 2-month warranty and money-back guarantee to boost your confidence in buying.
- Offers great value for money
- This tool is easy to maneuver and to use
- Seems durable enough to sustain regular use
- Works great for clipping hangers
- The jaw opening size runs small
How to Choose the Best Bolt Cutter for Master Locks
With so many bolt cutters available in the industry, making a choice can be a bit overwhelming. That is why you need to consider the following
The weight of a given bolt cutter will determine whether or not it is comfortable and easy to use. This is because a heavier bolt cutter may cause fatigue, especially when cutting tough bolts. Therefore, choose a lightweight unit that is easy to maneuver and to operate.
The handle is to a bolt cutter what the motor is to a machine. Therefore, make sure the handles are heavy-duty enough to give you more leverage with less effort. Similarly, the handles should be ergonomically designed so they are non-slip and comfortable for optimum control.
To get the most out of the bolt cutter, ensure it has high-quality blade construction. In this case, consider a bolt cutter made from forged steel with hardened edges. Also, the blades need to be sharp and durable not to chip or rust after a few uses.
As a DIY-enthusiast, you are not really ready for what the world may throw at you if you don’t have the best bolt cutter for master locks. The above reviews have some of the top-rated bolt cutters on the market right now to boost your confidence in buying. Remember, the best bolt cutters for master locks are durable, lightweight, and compact.