As an automotive enthusiast who wants to save some money through DIY projects, the best automotive paint gun for beginners is a must-have. These paint guns have user-friendly designs to ensure you can use them with little to no experience or skill at all.
They come in compact and lightweight packages that make them easy to hold and to use. The best thing about these sprays is that they are electric to enable you to use less effort and spray more.
Also, they are versatile enough to come in handy for a wide variety of DIY projects like painting the walls and furniture among others. To help you identify the right paint gun for all your projects, we unveil to you the following top 10 best automotive paint gun for beginners in 2020 reviews.
- List of The Best Automotive Paint Gun for Beginners
- 1. HomeRight C800766, C900076 Finish Max HVLP Paint Sprayer
- 2. REXBETI Ultimate-750 Paint Sprayer
- 3. TCP Global Professional Gravity Feed HVLP Spray Gun
- 4. Ginour Electric Paint Sprayer Gun
- 5. BOZILY Paint Sprayer
- 6. Astro EuroPro EUROHV103 Forged Spray Gun, 1.3mm Nozzle
- 7. Astro EuroPro EVOT14 Forged Spray Gun
- 8. Astro EUROHV105 EuroPro Forged Spray Gun,1.5mm Nozzle
- 9. Astro EuroPro EUROHE109 Spray Gun,1.9mm Nozzle
- 10. Astro Pneumatic Tool Spray Gun AS7SP – 1.8mm Nozzle
- How to Choose the Best Automotive Paint Gun for Beginners
List of The Best Automotive Paint Gun for Beginners
1. HomeRight C800766, C900076 Finish Max HVLP Paint Sprayer
The HomeRight C800766, C900076 Finish Max HVLP Paint Sprayer has a simplified design with fewer parts that make it easy to use even for beginners. It uses 400 watts of power to provide a precise spray pattern, creating a superior, factory-like finish.
Hence, this is the best paint sprayer option for cabinets, furniture, trim, and more. It is equipped with adjustable settings to allow you to regulate your pant output by adjusting the control knob.
This paint gun has more output and more pressure to enable you to do more DIY projects quickly. It is lightweight and compact to fit easily in the palm of your hands for easy maneuverability around projects. What’s more, this unit has high-quality brass tip and needle to ensure reliability and durability.
- Delivers a smooth finish without brush marks
- Comes in two styles to select from
- Easy to use and to clean
- This paint gun is backed by a 2-year warranty
- Does not come with a cup for paint reservoir
2. REXBETI Ultimate-750 Paint Sprayer
With 500 watts of power, the REXBETI Ultimate-750 Paint Sprayer provides a precise spray pattern for a fine, smooth finish. It has a 1000ml container that holds a high capacity of paint to help you do more projects without frequent stops.
This paint gun can be adjusted to 3 different spray patterns to enable you to spray vertically, horizontally, and circularly. It comes with 3-size nozzles including 3.0mm, 2.5mm, and 2.0mm for optimum versatility.
This model is, therefore, suitable for thin paints like varnish and sealers. It is designed with a long power cord to enable you to move freely when working in a large area. Besides, this unit is lightweight and compact to fit perfectly in your hand so you can spray for longer without fatigue.
- Offers easy spraying and cleaning
- Suitable for edges, corners, and broad interior surfaces
- This unit is easy to assemble and to use
- Cleans easily after use for optimum convenience
- This product may arrive with a few defects but they can be replaced
3. TCP Global Professional Gravity Feed HVLP Spray Gun
The TCP Global Professional Gravity Feed HVLP Spray Gun has a full baffled head assembly a fully atomized and consistent spray. It has a 1-liter aluminum cup that offers a large capacity of paint to prevent you from stopping every now and then to refill.
This paint gun uses a 1.4mm nozzle that is ideal for spraying clear coats, base coats, and other light to medium materials. It has a control to enable you to fully adjust the spray depending on the project at hand.
This model contains a stainless steel needle and nozzle set that is easy to clean and maintain. It is well-made and durable to ensure it can stand the test of time. At the same time, this paint gun comes with a full 1-year warranty for you to buy with confidence.
- Suitable for professional and home use
- It is a great gun for the price
- Looks and works just like the expensive models
- Feels comfortable in the hand
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- The manual isn’t the best and needs a few improvements
4. Ginour Electric Paint Sprayer Gun
Equipped with a 6.6 feet long power cord, the Ginour Electric Paint Sprayer Gun enables you to work more flexibly and conveniently. It boasts ergonomically designed rubber handles to ensure a secure grip for optimum comfort and control.
This pain gun has a special heat emission design to protect the motor during use. It is made double adjustment spray flow to allow you to control the coating speed and project size by adjusting the trigger control and valve knob.
This spray gun is accompanied by a 1300ml detachable container to hold more paint. Thus, it will minimize frequent refills so you can do more work each time. Also, this model has a unique detachable design to enable you to separate the parts for simple cleanup.
- Suitable for spraying walls, furniture, fences, and more
- Simple to use and to clean afterward
- Lightweight and comfortable to hold
- There are 3 spray patterns and 4 nozzle sizes for added versatility
5. BOZILY Paint Sprayer
If you want high power and superior finish, then you must choose the BOZILY Paint Sprayer. It works with 550 watts of power to ensure a precise spray pattern with a superior finish. This sprayer features an 800ml container to hold a high capacity of paint so you don’t have to stop frequently to refill.
Hence, it makes a great choice for large projects like painting, interior walls, chairs, tables, and even fences. This model has 3 spray patterns and 2 nozzle sizes to enable you to adjust to achieve the desired spraying results every time.
There is an adjustable flow control included to help you regulate the pain output by adjusting the control knob. Furthermore, this unit has an extra-long power cord to give you maximum freedom of movement when working on a large area.
- Lightweight and fits nicely in the hand
- Offers easy spraying and cleaning
- This unit is backed by a 24-moth warranty
- Great for spraying latex, milk type paint, and chalk type paint
- This sprayer may come with a few shipping defects; otherwise, it is a great purchase
6. Astro EuroPro EUROHV103 Forged Spray Gun, 1.3mm Nozzle
The Astro EuroPro EUROHV103 Forged Spray Gun is lightweight to enable you to hold comfortable while working. Yet it remains durable enough to sustain the rigors of everyday use without falling apart. This paint sprayer has a stainless steel needle and a fluid tip slick finish to ensure easier and faster cleaning. It has internally coated passages to ensure corrosion resistance and added longevity.
This paint gun has a unique pattern design to provide great coverage, for a smooth factory-like finish. It is compatible with most traditional and disposable cup systems for optimum convenience.
With a soft trigger pull, this paint gun feels comfortable in the hands to enable you to work for longer without fatigue. Plus, it has precise lubricated adjustment knobs for better control and performance.
- Comes with a large capacity container
- Offers a massive 86% transfer efficiency rate
- Ideal for a wide variety of applications
- The quality is great for the price
- Comes with fewer parts but this is what makes it simple to clean
7. Astro EuroPro EVOT14 Forged Spray Gun
Featuring the innovative, advanced EVO-T technology, the Astro EuroPro EVOT14 Forged Spray Gun provides the finest atomization and classic quality. It boasts a stainless steel needle and fluid tip with a slick finish to ensure faster and easier cleaning.
This sprayer is built with an air curtain design to help minimize overspray and pollution with superior transfer efficiency. Thus, it reduces paint consumption to help you save money when working on bigger projects.
This unit has a forged body that makes it strong enough to last long with regular use. As if that’s not enough, it has internal coated passages with an anodized body for corrosion resistance and extra longevity.
- Soft trigger pull handle reduces fatigue
- The advanced CNC machining eliminates the need for gaskets behind the tip
- Easy to operate and to clean after use
- The adjustment knob allows for better control
- Suitable for acrylic paint and multiple types of poly
- The air volume control could use a knurled nut
8. Astro EUROHV105 EuroPro Forged Spray Gun,1.5mm Nozzle
For extra strength and longevity, the Astro EUROHV105 EuroPro Forged Spray Gun has an anodized body that offers superior corrosion resistance. It has a high-efficiency unique pattern designed for great coverage and smooth finish.
This paint gun works with low overspray and bounce back to ensure greater transfer efficiency and superior atomization. It is complete with stainless steel needle and fluid tip slick finish to ensure easy cleanup after use.
Weighing in at just 0.7lbs, this paint gun is lightweight and comfortable to hold. Its handle is ergonomically designed to ensure you don’t get fatigued too quickly while working. What’s more, this paint gun comes with a 600ml cup to help you hold more paint, reducing frequent refills.
- This unit has a very reasonable price
- It is easy to use and to clean
- Works well for a variety of painting jobs
- The quality is good and it delivers perfect spray every time
- This paint gun isn’t perfect; however, it is good for most DIY projects
9. Astro EuroPro EUROHE109 Spray Gun,1.9mm Nozzle
With a dimension of 7″ W x 5-3/4″ H, the Astro EuroPro EUROHE109 Spray Gun, 1.9mm Nozzle is compact to fit perfectly in your hand during use. It weighs only 0.7lbs, meaning it is lightweight for you to use on large projects without fatigue.
This sprayer is compatible with most traditional and disposable cup systems to ensure smooth and flexible operations. It has a soft trigger pull handle that is comfortable for optimum control.
The control knob is lubricated to ensure easy and smooth adjustments. And for better control, this spray gun comes with a CNC machining to eliminate the need for gaskets behind the fluid tip. Moreover, it is simple to clean after use all thanks to the slick finish.
- Durably made and corrosion resistant
- This unit has an excellent fit and finish
- It is well-balanced and simple to use
- The price is a bargain for the quality and performance you get
- The paint cup is slightly smaller but it helps cut the overall weight of the sprayer
10. Astro Pneumatic Tool Spray Gun AS7SP – 1.8mm Nozzle
The Astro Pneumatic Tool Spray Gun AS7SP has a user-friendly design to ensure it is easy to use by everyone including professionals and amateurs. It has a 2-piece design with a gun featuring air valve construction to deliver unrivaled performance.
This paint gun has an adjustable wide fan pattern control for optimum versatility. It is equipped with a 1-quart capacity cup to help you hold more paint at ago.
This unit is fully loaded with state-of-the-art technology to ensure optimal user satisfaction. It boasts a 1.8mm nozzle, which is suitable for fast application of glues, primers, and heavy coatings. Also, this gun is designed to increase productivity and save you money by minimizing waste.
- Ideal for painting metal panels, walls, automotive, and beamed ceilings
- Sprays evenly and easily
- This tool is easy to clean after use
- It is very good for the quality
- Some people may find it difficult to get consistent paint flow
How to Choose the Best Automotive Paint Gun for Beginners
Some of the factors to look for in the best automotive paint gun for beginners include the following
Even though most of the above automotive paint guns are lightweight, the weight varies significantly from one product to another. That is why you need to choose the most lightweight gun from them all. This is because a lightweight gun is easy to carry and to maneuver when spray painting.
The type of nozzle size you choose depends on the type of paint that you intend to use. For heavy paints, you will need a paint gun with a large nozzle size while for thin pain you will choose a small nozzle size. However, there are paint guns that come with 3 nozzle sizes to enable you to work with different types of paints.
The best automotive paint gun is one that comes with a high capacity cup. This will enable you to hold more paint, eliminating frequent stops that you may have to make to refill. This type of paint gun is ideal, especially when you are working on a big project as it saves time.
When it comes to automotive paint guns, the market is full of several varieties, designs, and sizes. While we couldn’t review all of them, we have done all it takes to identify some of the best-preforming products out there. Also, there is a buyer’s guide that contains some of the key features that you need to look for in the best automotive paint gun for beginners, so make sure you read.