The best womens wool coats are mostly made of wool to help keep you warm during winter and cold seasons. They are also fashionably designed to give you a flattering look every time you have put them on.
They can be worn to work or shopping. You can also wear them while traveling or just lounging at home.
What’s more, these coats tend to leave enough room to wear a thick a sweater beneath for maximum protection from cold. Whether you are looking to buy one for yourself or a loved one, the reviews below will be of great help.
- List of The Best Womens Wool Coats
- 1. Chicwish Women’s Turn Down Shawl Collar Blend Coat
- 2. Steve Madden Women’s Single Breasted Wool Coat
- 3. Tanming Women’s Double Breasted Wool Pea Coat with Hood
- 4. Calvin Klein Women’s Cashmere Wool Blend Coat
- 5. Calvin Klein Women’s Single Breasted Wool Coat with Notch Collar
- 6. Calvin Klein Women’s Wool Belted Double Breasted Coat
- 7. J Crew Mercantile Women’s Classic-Wool Cocoon Coat
- 8. Calvin Klein Women’s Wool Coat with Tunnel Collar
- 9. Calvin Klein Women’s Wool Coat with Button Detail
- 10. Steve Madden Women’s Wool Fashion Coat
- Buyer’s Guide for the Best Womens Wool Coats
List of The Best Womens Wool Coats
1. Chicwish Women’s Turn Down Shawl Collar Blend Coat
Taking care of this womens wool coat is surprisingly easy. You do not need to wash it. Instead, all you need to do is to dry clean it when it gets dirty. The coat is available in a variety of colors, including Brown, Grid in Black, Plum, Grid in Off-white, Cream, and Black.
Besides, this coat comes with a removable belt for a slimmer look. Plus it has side inserted pockets where you can keep your items. It also features long sleeves to help you keep cold at bay. The fabrics used to make the shell of the coat are 60-percent wool and 40-percent polyester.
The lining, on the other hand, is made of 100-percent polyester. These fabrics make the coat is to clean as well as improving its functionality. The coat is shipped with pockets sewn shut so it can keep its shape. Therefore, once you have received it, simply remove the stitching.
- The color options are amazing
- The coat gets a lot of compliments
- Warm enough to be worn throughout the winter
- Colors are exactly like the picture
- Runs large
2. Steve Madden Women’s Single Breasted Wool Coat
Many different fabrics are used to make this single-breasted wool coat. The fabrics include 75-percent polyester, 15-percent acrylic, 7-percent wool, and 3-percent other fabrics. Each of these fabrics has a role to play. For instance, acrylic promotes durability; polyester improves softness and comfort, whereas wool brings warmth.
The wool coat should be dry-cleaned when it gets dirty. Moreover, it comes with a self-tie belt to give you a flattering look. It also has gold-rimmed dome buttons that help enhance its aesthetics. Plus the wool coat comes equipped with an oversized attached hood to provide more protection from cold.
The signature Steve Madden tag shows that this is an authentic wool coat. Well, if you want to keep warm this winter without sacrificing your style, look no further than this wool coat by Steve Madden. It is available in numerous colors; meaning you will easily get what meets the needs of your personal style.
- The oversized hood is a bonus
- Has a perfect weight; not too heavy or too light
- Sleeves have the right length
- The fit is as described
- The pockets are not as large as expected
3. Tanming Women’s Double Breasted Wool Pea Coat with Hood
You can either hand wash or dry clean this double-breasted wool pea coat with hood. You should, however, not bleach it. Plus you should iron low and then hang dry. The fabrics, used to make this wool pea coat, are 30-percent lamb wool and 70-percent polyester. And, like with most brands, the lining is made of 100-percent polyester.
The wool coat features long sleeves, which, in turn, feature decorative buttons for enhanced visual appeal. What’s more, this wool coat for women has an attached hood to provide you with more warmth as well as 2 hand pockets to keep your hands cozy and comfortable in a cold environment.
The color options this wool coat is available in are Black, Black-cotton, Grey-cotton, and Grey. They are low-profile colors that go with nearly any outfit. The coat has a mid-long above knee length for a fashionable look.
- Customer service is exceptional
- The coat looks beautiful
- Warm enough to wear during cold periods
- The length is perfect
- Leaves room for a sweater
- Getting the buttons in the holes is a bit hard
4. Calvin Klein Women’s Cashmere Wool Blend Coat
Although the Calvin Klein Women’s Cashmere Wool Blend Coat is not available in as many color options as other brands we have reviewed, it is still worth being on your radar. It is available in 3 colors only. However, the colors are all amazing and go with most outfits. They are Chianti, Camel, and Black.
Besides, this wool blend coat is made with incredibly good fabrics. These are 60-percent wool, 33-percent polyester, 5-percent cashmere, and 2-percent other fabrics. Needless to say, this wool coat is durable and comfortable to wear.
If the wool blend coat gets dirty, simply dry clean it and you are good to go. Calvin Klein is mostly associated with jeans. Nonetheless, the company has reinvented itself in the sense that it now produces a variety of clothing. And this wool blend coat is one of these pieces of clothing.
- Can be worn with a sweater
- The coat is cozy and comfortable
- It is shipped very fast
- Colors are exactly like the picture
- Well made and has high-quality details inside and out
- The sleeves are a little too long
5. Calvin Klein Women’s Single Breasted Wool Coat with Notch Collar
There is no way this single-breasted wool coat would have missed from these reviews. It has a large spread collar, large pockets, and a large center button detail. All these features make it very functional and convenient to wear.
Moreover, this single-breasted wool coat is made of quality fabrics, such as 61-percent wool, 31-percent polyester, 5-percent other fabrics, and 3-percent nylon. The wool keeps it really warm; hence, making it ideal for winter. The polyester fabric, on the other hand, improves softness, while nylon takes durability to a whole new level.
The care instructions state that this women’s wool coat should be dry-cleaned. That being said, this women’s wool coat is very easy to clean. It is a nice coat we believe will work a treat for you. So, go ahead and choose either of the colors (Camel and Black) it is available in.
- The coat has a classy look
- Can be dressed up or down
- Makes a great gift for wife or mother
- Warm and perfect for travel
- It is of good quality
- Runs big
6. Calvin Klein Women’s Wool Belted Double Breasted Coat
People love Calvin Klein because it does things a different way. It makes modern and uniquely sophisticated clothing to make sure you are always satisfied with your purchase. Well, one of its products is this women’s wool belted double-breasted coat.
It is made with 58-percent wool, 35-percent polyester, 3-percent other fibers, 2-percent nylon, and 2-percent acrylic. This blend of premium fabrics greatly improves the overall performance of the double-breasted coat.
Furthermore, the coat is available in a removable belt to help you achieve a customized, flattering fit. Plus this coat features a stand collar that does a good job of protecting the neck from cold. The cleaning instructions clearly state that should the coat get dirty, all you need to do is to dry-clean it. It may be a little pricier than the brands we have already reviewed, but it is worth it.
- Does not restrict the range of motion
- The buttons are beautiful
- Comes with extras for 100-percent satisfaction
- Leaves enough room to wear a sweater underneath
- The sleeves are a little too long and the armpits too big
7. J Crew Mercantile Women’s Classic-Wool Cocoon Coat
Another wool coat we would like to bring to your attention is this brand by J Crew. It comes in two colors, which are Black and Heather Graphite. Both of these colors are stunning and will no doubt go with most of your outfits.
Additionally, this classic-wool cocoon coat has side pockets where you can keep your belongings for use on the go. It is made of 46-percent wool, 43-percent polyester, 6-percent other fibers, and 5-percent acrylic.
What’s more, the coat has a zipper closure, which eliminates the need to deal with loose buttons. Another feature we must point out is the high neck collar that works great in protecting the neck from cold. The sizes this coat comes in are 00, 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20. It is quite a wide range of sizes to make it easy to choose what’s suitable for you.
- Looks exactly like the picture
- Well made and fits perfectly
- Very warm and comfortable to wear
- The price is reasonable
- Not so many colors to choose from
8. Calvin Klein Women’s Wool Coat with Tunnel Collar
This is another great women’s wool coat from Calvin Klein. It is made of 40-percent wool, 31-percent polyester, 16-percent cotton, 10-percent rayon, and 3-percent other fibers. This blend of fabrics makes the Calvin Klein Wool Coat durable, cozy, and comfortable.
In other words, it enables it to serve its purpose, which is to provide warmth during cold days. Furthermore, this wool coat comes with a zipper closure that comes handy when it gets incredibly cold or windy.
Also, the zipper closure is much easier to use than a button closure. There is a snapback neck detail to further enhance the performance of this wool coat, which features a tunnel neck collar. When the coat gets dirty, simply dry clean it and you are good to go. It is available in two colors, which are Chianti/Black and Tin/Black. So, go ahead and pick a color that matches your personal style.
- The color choices are fabulous
- Gets a lot of compliments
- Provides enough warmth during cold weather
- The collar can be laid flat or zipped up around the neck
- The wool tends to shed over the clothes. But this does not seem to downgrade the quality of the coat
9. Calvin Klein Women’s Wool Coat with Button Detail
People looking for clothing that delivers minimalist and functional aesthetics should go for Calvin Klein brands. These pieces of clothing will not disappoint you because they are designed by a company, which has been around since time immemorial. Well, one of them is this polished coat that comes with button detail.
The button detail no doubt improves its look as well as making it appear more expensive than it actually is. Besides, the coat has a military look, and this clearly brings out its uniqueness. To care for it, simply dry clean it. It is a cleverly-designed wool coat that will make your life easier.
It is made of a variety of fabrics, including 61-percent wool, 31-percent polyester, 5-percent other fibers, and 3-percent nylon. What’s more, this coat with button detail is available in two colors to choose from. And these colors are Black and Navy.
- The fit is as advertised
- Looks exactly like the picture
- Gets a lot of compliments
- The coat can be dressed up
- The quality is top-notch
- The buttons are very gold
10. Steve Madden Women’s Wool Fashion Coat
Steve Madden is another great company whose reputation you cannot argue with. It, therefore, comes as no surprise that this women’s wool fashion coat is on this list. It has a zipper closure, and that means wearing it for ultimate cold protection is a breeze.
It also has a ruffle detail that gives it the much-needed uniqueness as well as making it look really beautiful both when worn and when not in use. Like most wool coats for women in these reviews, the Steve Madden Women’s Wool Fashion Coat should be dry-cleaned only.
It is surprisingly easy to care for so you can focus more on what it has to offer and less on how to keep it clean. What’s more, this womens wool coat comes with a self tie waist belt to make you look slimmer and more flattering. It is made of 100-percent polyester; meaning it is very durable yet comfortable.
- Well made and looks gorgeous
- Makes a stunning gift for a daughter, wife, mother, etc
- The color choices are unique
- Has a vintage look
- The zipper might be a little stiff when the coat is new, but it should get better over time
Buyer’s Guide for the Best Womens Wool Coats
Here, we talk about factors you need to have in mind when choosing a wool coat for women.
For peerless performance, your wool coat should not just be made of wool but also it should be made of other fabrics. With that said, go for those made of nylon, polyester, acrylic, and/or cotton. These are quality fabrics that directly enhance the performance of a wool coat either by making them cozier or improving their durability.
From the reviews above, it is clear that different wool coats have different types of collars. While some have a flat collar, others have a standing collar and so on. In our opinion, you should go for a wool coat featuring a standing collar. This is because such a collar enables the coat to provide more protection against cold. It protects the neck, which is good.
Length of the Coat
Some womens wool coats are designed to go past the knee. They are great for those looking to protect their upper thighs from cold. Other womens wool coats are meant to reach above the knee, and they make a nice purchase for those looking for a flattering look. Whichever length you decide to pick, we have it here.
Although womens wool coats have been around for quite some time, they are still popular. This is because they are versatile in the sense that they allow you to keep cold at bay without sacrificing your overall look. They also keep you comfortable by allowing you to move freely and bend without any issues.