When you want to sketch, draw, or take some notes using digital and perhaps more modern equipment, a drawing tablet is a perfect tool for you. Drawing tablets are also fully functional tablets that will give you the same functionalities and services as regular ones, making them quite useful.
But let’s face it; a good drawing tablet does not come cheap. And this is more so if it is one of those highly advanced models with a large screen, powerful processor, and a myriad of other impressive features. In many instances, you will often end up spending a small fortune to land that fantastic drawing tablet.
With that in mind, there are still many inexpensive models out there, and you just need to find one that meets your needs. And in this piece, we look at some of the best cheap drawing tablets to help you narrow down your options.
- List of The Best Cheap Drawing Tablet with Screen
- 1. Simbans PicassoTab 10 Inch Drawing Tablet
- 2. Wacom Cintiq DTK1660K0A Drawing Tablet
- 3. Huion KAMVAS Pro 16 Drawing Tablet
- 4. Monoprice 110594 Drawing Tablet
- 5. Huion KAMVAS GT-116 Drawing Tablet
- 6. Wacom DTC133W0A Drawing Tablet
- 7. Huion KAMVAS Drawing Tablet
- 8. Parblo Coast10 Graphics Drawing Tablet
- 9. Huion Kamvas 13 Drawing Tablet
- 10. Huion Kamvas 13 Graphics Drawing Tablet
List of The Best Cheap Drawing Tablet with Screen
1. Simbans PicassoTab 10 Inch Drawing Tablet
This fantastic tablet is made for and with artists in mind, and it will be the perfect tool to help kick start your career. It comes with Autodesk Sketchbook already pre-installed to save you the hassle of having to download and install it and a stylus pen to make it ready for immediate use.
For the processor, it uses Android 9 pie to ensure unlimited productivity and give you complete tools to enjoy both drawing and entertainment. What’s more, it has a crystal clear IPS HD screen that will ensure you get unmatched picture quality.
And when it comes to connectivity, there are multiple connection options from the wired ones like USB to WiFi, which ensure you can easily pair it with other devices. Also, when you buy it, you get several bonus gifts, including a universal charger.
- Comes with Autodesk Sketchbook pre-installed
- Stylus pen included
- Crystal clear screen
- Unlimited productivity and tools
- Multiple connectivity options
- Several bonus items provided
- Can be slow sometimes
- A bit of lag when drawing small lines
2. Wacom Cintiq DTK1660K0A Drawing Tablet
Many things will make this Wacom drawing tablet a good buy, but the provided pen is one of the key things that will impress most users. This battery-free pen charges as you draw, which is quite convenient, and it has supreme accuracy, no lag, and up to 60-degree tilt recognition.
The pen and easily adjustable stand will make drawing easier and more enjoyable for you. The display will also not disappoint as this tablet has a larger 15.6-inch HD display with a 1920×1080 resolution to ensure you get enough clarity to see even the smallest detail in your work.
And with the glass being scratch-resistant and anti-glare, both durability and comfortable drawing are guaranteed. With the 3-in-1 HDMI cable, you can easily connect this tablet to your computer and enjoy drawing with a wide variety of creative software.
- Battery-free pen
- Adjustable stand included
- HD display for superior clarity
- Scratch-resistant and anti-glare surface
- 3-in-1 HDMI connection cable
- Works with a variety of creative software
- No-touch input
- The screen could be brighter and with more accurate color
3. Huion KAMVAS Pro 16 Drawing Tablet
With the full laminated and anti-glare glass, this Huion drawing tablet ensures that you will have very low parallax and that your stylus pen will be more accurate. The pen is battery-free to ensure you never have to keep replacing batteries, and it also has a tilt function for more advanced performance and increased drawing versatility.
There is also more space for drawing as this tablet has a 15.6-inch screen, and with the six express keys, you get to save more time when drawing and increase your productivity.
And to help you get started when drawing and sharpen your skills, this tablet will come with several online tutoring software pre-installed. What’s more, this is a highly portable model that will include a convenient adjustable stand.
- Fully laminated and anti-glare glass
- Battery-free pen
- Tilt pen function
- Large 15.6-inch screen
- Six express keys and a touch bar
- Several online tutoring software pre-installed
- Portable and adjustable new generation stand
- Pen requires more often re-calibration
- Not very ideal for pro artists
4. Monoprice 110594 Drawing Tablet
The Monoprice 110594 works as good as it looks, and it will be a perfect drawing tablet for both beginners and experienced artists as it has everything both categories of users will need. One of its most outstanding features is the 4000 LPI drawing resolution that is key in ensuring you will always get highly desirable outcomes.
This drawing tablet is designed to be highly customizable as it will include eight assignable keys that users can assign different functions to ensure easy use.
Better yet, there are also 16 assignable hot cells to ensure you are even in more control of the tablet. And besides, including driver and software utilities that allow it to work with XP and late operation systems, it is also physically compatible with Linux.
- 4000 LPI drawing resolution
- Eight user-assignable express keys
- Driver/software utilities included
- Uses USB interface for connectivity
- Physically compatible with Linux
- Feels a little flimsy
- Shorter cable connection
- Occasional pressure issues
5. Huion KAMVAS GT-116 Drawing Tablet
Huion KAMVAS GT-116 is a well-built and advanced drawing tablet that will come with a battery-free stylus that will ensure you will never need to keep charging or changing batteries for the pen. This pen also has a tilt function that makes it even more useful for drawing.
And you can easily get some fantastic images with all the colors you want as this tablet will give you an impressive 16.7 million colors. The 178-degree wide view angle is also ideal for artists as you get an even better impression of what you are drawing.
The screen is also full-laminated to ensure maximum durability and with an anti-glare panel. Overall, this is an ultra-thin and highly portable tablet you can easily carry around for drawing on the go.
- Battery-free stylus with tilt function
- Ultra-thin and highly portable
- Full-laminated screen
- Anti-glare glass panel
- 16.7 million colors
- Wider view angle
- Screen smudges and gets dirty easily
- 3-in-1 cable is relatively short
6. Wacom DTC133W0A Drawing Tablet
If you are an animation beginner, the Wacom DTC133W0A is tailor-made for you as, besides being more straightforward to use, it has a more beginner-friendly design and functionality. This drawing tablet will include an HD display that will ensure you can view the images more clearly and in greater detail and depth.
With the pressure-sensitive stylus pen, drawing, editing, and doing annotation is a breeze, and you will also enjoy it a lot. Again, this pen does not need any batteries, and it feels and looks just like a real pen to ensure you can hold it more comfortably.
With the inclusion of the creative software, you can start drawing right away without installing one. What’s more, this drawing tablet will be compatible with Mac, Windows, and Android operating systems.
- HD display
- Pressure-sensitive pen
- Mac, Windows, and Android compatible
- Creative software included
- More beginner-friendly design
- Cannot work as a standalone tablet
- Not very good for notes taking
7. Huion KAMVAS Drawing Tablet
With the full laminated screen and anti-glare glass on this Huion tablet, you can be sure of smooth and accurate drawing with no parallax. This glass will also ensure you get a better visual effect and also improves optical quality.
The drawing tablet also provides 16.7 million colors that will ensure you always get a better color effect. The stylus pen on this drawing tablet is battery-free, weighs only 14 grams, and will have a 60-degree tilt function when drawing for maximum accuracy.
The 178-degree view angle is also wider than what you get with most other models out there. And with the durable aluminum alloy structure, this tablet is guaranteed to give you long-lasting service.
- Full-laminated and HD screen
- Anti-glare glass
- 16.7 million colors
- Battery-free stylus pen
- 60-degree tilt function
- Wide viewing angle
- Durable aluminum alloy structure
- Calibration is quite poor
- Response is a little too high
8. Parblo Coast10 Graphics Drawing Tablet
Your choice of drawing tablet will always boil down to exactly how you want to use it, and if you are more into graphics design, the Parblo Coast10 will be a fantastic choice. This tablet also comes with a battery-free pen to ensure you will not need to worry about things like power capacity and malfunctions as a result of power leakage.
This tablet also gives you a high view angle for both vertical and horizontal views, ensuring you get a fantastic view of what you are drawing for maximum accuracy.
The more ergonomic design will ensure it will be a comfortable gadget to operate. And besides working with all common graphics applications, this tablet is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Android operating systems.
- Battery-free pen
- High viewing angle
- More ergonomic design
- Works with most graphics applications
- Compatible with Windows, Android, and Mac operating systems
- All-in-one design
- Not usable with Wacom driver installed
- Color could be better
9. Huion Kamvas 13 Drawing Tablet
For those that use android devices, this Huion drawing tablet will be a fantastic choice as it will support most of them, which means you can quickly draw using your favorite devices without being forced to use specific operating systems.
This drawing tablet has a full laminated screen that will help ensure smooth drawing. To make sure you get a comfortable position when working on this tablet, it will also come with an easily adjustable stand.
And many users will also love that it includes an improved cable connection to help maintain a stable connection, a battery-free pen, and eight shortcut keys that will be very handy.
- Android devices supported
- Full-laminated screen
- Battery-free stylus pen
- Easily adjustable stand
- Improved cable connection
- Eight shortcut keys
- Quick buttons do not have a backlight
- Screen pigmentation takes some getting used to
10. Huion Kamvas 13 Graphics Drawing Tablet
You will never go wrong with Huion drawing tablets as the company makes some of the market’s best quality ones. This should explain the prominence of the brand on our list, and with this particular model, it is all about keeping things simple but effective.
It offers a parallax-free full-laminated screen that will ensure you get an easier time when drawing. This tablet uses a more accurate and battery-free stylus that is just the perfect weight to ensure comfortable use and minimal hand fatigue even when using it for many hours continuously.
Overall, this is a larger tablet with a large enough screen, but it is still exceptionally lightweight. And with the improved USB connectivity, you can be sure of maintaining a stable connection. Users will also appreciate the anti-glare screen protector.
- Parallax-free full-laminated screen
- More accurate and battery-free stylus
- Large but lightweight
- Easy and stable USB connection
- Anti-glare screen protector
- No foam case
- Stand not provided
Drawing tablets are a must-have if you are into art, animation, and graphics. Although they can be expensive compared to regular tablets, this piece showcases some of the cheapest ones to give you more than enough recommendations.
While every model in the list is top-notch quality, the Simbans PicassoTab 10 Inch Drawing Tablet is our best overall. But, if you prefer something with larger screen size, the 15.6-inch screen on the Wacom Cintiq DTK1660K0A makes it the perfect choice for you.